Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
Is it just me or does anyone else not see the point of changing this? If I want to delete email, song on a playlist, etc. it has always been a right swipe, now it's left. I hate it.

c0LdFire

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
A swipe to the right now goes 'back' to the previous page. They likely changed it to avoid accidentally triggering that when you just want to delete something. It's not even a big deal to me.

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
A swipe to the right now goes 'back' to the previous page. They likely changed it to avoid accidentally triggering that when you just want to delete something. It's not even a big deal to me.

In email a right swipe goes to the body of the email.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
How can you turn off that gesture?

----------

No. While in the inbox, a right swipe enters that messages body.

Not for me. It's a new system-wide gesture that I imagine will get implemented in many other apps going forward.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 97

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
Not for me. It's a new system-wide gesture that I imagine will get implemented in many other apps going forward.

I see what is happening. Anything short of the far left to right swipe is registering as a push and entering the message body. That is not the case for the right to left. I can start at left of center and it still brings up 'delete'.

nickharris1992

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
California
Is it just me or does anyone else not see the point of changing this? If I want to delete email, song on a playlist, etc. it has always been a right swipe, now it's left. I hate it.

Actually you could swipe both ways on ios6. Just get use to it. Its not that difficult. I believe in you.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Actually you could swipe both ways on ios6. Just get use to it. Its not that difficult. I believe in you.
Yup, right to left was always there, and I actually used that most of the time not even really paying attention that I might be able to do it the other way (which is good I guess since it's not an option in iOS 7 so far it seems). Dismissing a banner notification on top of the screen was also right to left in iOS 6 and earlier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.