Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
They've said it will launch in Q4. But they are in no rush apparently as they are happy with their current Ultrafast network. Which is understandable, they offer faster data speeds than EE.

Surely not as fast as EE's 4G network though?

Most carriers (except for Three) have terrible data plans. £34 p/m for 500MB data is an absolute joke. Even EE's closest tariff offers 1.5GB (for £36 p/m), which is still shocking for a network built for the data! We don't need unlimited calls and texts!!

I predict Three will gain A LOT of new customers over the next few months.

I still can't understand why all the other networks except Three have such bad data allowances. What year do they think we live in?

Greedy extortionists if you ask me!

Sabenth

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2003
UK
currently on three one plan i am due an upgrade in november hopefully the 4g is around then i have the 4s at the moment. I have had no issues with 3 at all were ever i have gone over the uk there has been no issues with speed and reliability only issue i had was a small price increase when vat got changed

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
currently on three one plan i am due an upgrade in november hopefully the 4g is around then i have the 4s at the moment. I have had no issues with 3 at all were ever i have gone over the uk there has been no issues with speed and reliability only issue i had was a small price increase when vat got changed

My only complaint about Three is their customer service.

peterh988

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2011
Check out the discussions here - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/thr...-15pm-for-12m-18pm-for-1m-63-cashback-1620954

I'm sure I saw a suggestion of opening a new account and then porting your number from your old account. You can open the new account via a cashback website and get up to £63 back.

I'm very tempted but waiting for the next iPhone.

Thanks, I'll more than likely go the quidco way. I'm waiting for iphone 6, so no problems for me in that regard. I just want (official) tethering.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
[/COLOR]

Surely not as fast as EE's 4G network though?

I still can't understand why all the other networks except Three have such bad data allowances. What year do they think we live in?

Greedy extortionists if you ask me!

Yes. Even compared to EE, Three sometimes offer much faster data speeds. There's a lot of stuff online about it.

EE claim to be the fastest overall network. Which is probably true, but what does it matter when the majority of its customers will still recieve speeds that are similar to 3G.

----------

My only complaint about Three is their customer service.

I agree with that. Everything else about Three is good, but when you ring customer service it feels like a cowboy operation where nobody has a clue. They totally messed up my upgrade order a few months back and lied about delivery dates. I admit it was annoying but when you think of what you are getting for your money, it's seems trivial.

Thankfully I've only had to call them a few times.

parish

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2009
Wilts., UK
LOL they can't even provide decent 3G, what a joke.

Yep, which is why I'm moving to Orange/EE when my contract ends mid-September.

My wife is with Orange/EE and for the last couple of months I've been noting the signals we both get. At least 50% of the time she gets a better signal (usually 3G) plus I know I will get a 3G Orange/EE signal at work where VF struggles with 2G - and even voice only works if you face in a certain direction.

Perhaps if VF spent less sponsoring McLaren Formula One and more on their network they'd keep me as a customer.

kendo88

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Coventry
Guys, don't be so quick to judge. The info in this post is wrong. The 500mb at £34 actually corresponds to the amount of free wifi. You actually get 2gb of 4G data at £34. Basically you can take any current red plan, add £5 per month, double the data, and add either free spotify premium or sky sports mobile. That sounds like a good deal to me.

The tariffs work out better value than EE

EDIT: when I say good value, I mean in relation to vodafone's current 3G tariffs. I still don't like anybodies 4G tariffs for myself, as I don't use many minutes. I'm looking forward to see tesco mobile's 4G offerings, along with their anytime upgrade tariffs, might be really compelling

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
2GB would be a dream for me. Im stuck with 200mb having to reset it for 5€ all the time during a month

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=17056475#post17056475

:-o

19€ for unlimited 100mbit/s internet inclusive unlimited homeline (which i never use but its included with any internet plan by default so whatever)

11€ iPad 1GB data (which i literally havent used ever, im always on wifi with my iPad, so technically i should have just gotten the wifi only version)

35€ iPhone, the phone itself was 1€

premium deluxe cable tv + HD 19€

Nuff said. ;):p

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Guys, don't be so quick to judge. The info in this post is wrong. The 500mb at £34 actually corresponds to the amount of free wifi. You actually get 2gb of 4G data at £34. Basically you can take any current red plan, add £5 per month, double the data, and add either free spotify premium or sky sports mobile. That sounds like a good deal to me.

The tariffs work out better value than EE

EDIT: when I say good value, I mean in relation to vodafone's current 3G tariffs. I still don't like anybodies 4G tariffs for myself, as I don't use many minutes. I'm looking forward to see tesco mobile's 4G offerings, along with their anytime upgrade tariffs, might be really compelling

The Spotify deal is good I suppose. Vodafone are apparently offering Unlimited data free for the first 3 months on 4G tariffs.

This link has more details on the tariffs and what you get...
Newcomers to Vodafone's 4G service will be able to choose between three different packages Red 4G-ready, Red 4G-ready L and Red 4G-ready XL.

As a counter to the extras on offer by EE4G and O2 4G Vodafone have announced that all three packages will come with the choice of either a free Spotify Premium account or free Sky Sports Mobile TV.

There are some differences though, if you choose the standard Red 4G-ready plan you'll only get six months of either whilst both Red 4G-ready L and Red 4G-ready XL will give you free Spotify or free Sky Sports Mobile TV for up to two years.

Prices start at £34 per month for Red 4G-ready with 2GB of data whilst Red 4G-ready L goes up to £39 per month giving you 4GB. If you're after some serious browsing then Vodafone's Red 4G-ready XL plan starts at £44 per month and gives you 8GB of monthly data.

Making sure current Vodafone customers don't feel left out the company has also announced that existing customers on Vodafone Red will be able to switch to 4G for £5 per month extra. In return they'll get double the amount of data and the choice between free Spotify or free Sky Sports Mobile.

For those who already own a 4G-ready phone like the Samsung Galaxy S4, Vodafone is offering a SIM-only plan that starts at £26 per month and will throw in free Spotify Premium or free Sky Sports Mobile TV for the first six months.

http://www.t3.com/news/vodafone-4g-plans-unveiled-with-free-spotify-and-free-sky-sports

£44 p/m for 8GB of Data! Seriously??

peterh988

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2011
£44 p/m for 8GB of Data! Seriously??

Which will be about 4-5 football matches on Sky Go, you can burn through your data in a weekend at that rate. Considering they're pushing the dig data eaters as a reson to buy into 4g, you think they'd offer a package that could actually feed the beast (4G providers in general)

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Which will be about 4-5 football matches on Sky Go, you can burn through your data in a weekend at that rate. Considering they're pushing the dig data eaters as a reson to buy into 4g, you think they'd offer a package that could actually feed the beast (4G providers in general)

Exactly. If you use Spotify and stream/download at the 'Extreme' rate and then watch videos etc, you could burn through it quite quickly.

egoistaxx9

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2013
i remember when i lived in UK, vodafone was my favorite carrier, they always had the best things, best ads, best offers, best coverage, etc. looks like vodafone is gonna stay the best, they are always busy improving, it's really great, it's a good thing.

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
i remember when i lived in UK, vodafone was my favorite carrier, they always had the best things, best ads, best offers, best coverage, etc. looks like vodafone is gonna stay the best, they are always busy improving, it's really great, it's a good thing.

Well, they certainly do have the best ads.

But, are Vodafone using unethical "mind tricks" to attract customers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6gPn8FHuLM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDbDy0xcxnw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSOw5ye7jKU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HCRnC8fLA4

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.

I do like those adverts though.

----------

Not any more.

Three have the best offers now.

everything-i

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2012
London, UK
Yep, which is why I'm moving to Orange/EE when my contract ends mid-September.

My wife is with Orange/EE and for the last couple of months I've been noting the signals we both get. At least 50% of the time she gets a better signal (usually 3G) plus I know I will get a 3G Orange/EE signal at work where VF struggles with 2G - and even voice only works if you face in a certain direction.

Perhaps if VF spent less sponsoring McLaren Formula One and more on their network they'd keep me as a customer.

Such a bunch of crooks I complained to them and they sent me a new sim, as if that was going to make any difference. Here in London during the day there is no data through put at all, it can take minutes to send an iMessage which is only a few bytes. My contracts up soon and I will be renewing with anyone rather than Vodafone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.