Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has seeded the fifth Developer Preview of OS X Mavericks to developers, approximately two weeks after the release of the fourth developer preview. The release comes as Apple continues to work on restoring full functionality to its Developer Center after bringing software downloads back online last week.

mavericks.jpg
As noted by MacRumors forum members, the fifth Developer Preview of Mavericks includes both a new beta version of iPhoto (9.4.6) along with the iBooks app for Mac that was first unveiled at WWDC.

ibooks.jpg
OS X Mavericks, which is expected to be released this fall, includes multiple new features like a tabbed Finder, full screen dual monitor capabilities, Safari improvements, and a new Maps app. Developers can receive the update via the Software Update tool in the Mac App Store.

Apple has also simultaneously seeded a new version of OS X 10.8.5 to developers.

Article Link: Apple Releases OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 5 with iBooks App

carboncocoa

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Can't wait to see screenshots and read behaviour descriptions of what's been updated.

Beta 4 vs Beta 5 screenshots would be amazing, but I realize that requires having both on a system at once.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Can't wait to see screenshots and read behaviour descriptions of what's been updated.

Beta 4 vs Beta 5 screenshots would be amazing, but I realize that requires having both on a system at once.

There's be very few obvious GUI changes in previous Developer Previews, but who knows this time...

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
How many betas do they generally release before the GM version? Or is there no pattern.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Can't wait for public release, for me the one thing that could make Mavericks better than Mountain Lion is if they fix the random auto-arrange and Show item info in the Downloads folder, if that gets fixed, that'd be great.

How that bothers me is unexplainable..

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Look it up. I think ML had 4 DP's, no?

I believe nine although only four were labeled as DP, the others were called updates. I wouldn't be surprised if we got four or more additional ones after this.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
iBooks!

Also a new beta build of iPhoto, should be interesting how different that is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.