Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexk403

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2012
how so? every time i install a new app.. it just adds it at the end. i always have to manually place it in alphabetical order

Oh I misunderstood I thought you meant like rearranging the apps like clicking and dragging them. On that note no I don't think you can have them automatically arranged alphabetically or anything like that, doesn't look like.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Looks like the iPhoto update shows up as iPhoto '11, version 9.4.6.

radiohead14

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2008
nyc
Oh I misunderstood I thought you meant like rearranging the apps like clicking and dragging them. On that note no I don't think you can have them automatically arranged alphabetically or anything like that, doesn't look like.

yea.. my ocd turns on whenever i see launchpad.. i don't get why such a minor option isn't implemented yet. i mean the regular apps folder does it..

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Preview doesn't sync with anything on iOS. They should just kill it and roll all its features into iBooks.

Including things like opening and editing graphics files? That would be an odd addition to iBooks.

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
The new low battery logo when your batteries on your keyboard or magic mouse or trackpad is running low and need to be replaced or recharged

Scyanide

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2013
Melbourne, FL
yea.. my ocd turns on whenever i see launchpad.. i don't get why such a minor option isn't implemented yet. i mean the regular apps folder does it..

Dude, I'm right there with you. They have to be alphabetical, even in the folders. I move the icon into its proper place every time I install a new app. Really wish there were some options for sorting.

alexk403

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2012
STILL cannot activate iCloud keychain. I have been trying since DP 1 and every time I put in my password and then get a blank window

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Including things like opening and editing graphics files? That would be an odd addition to iBooks.

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. (I just use it for PDFs).

Let me revise: They should kill the PDF features and move them to iBooks.

Preview kept for images, or ideally, becomes a more capable image editor. Think a smaller version of Pixelmator.

skinned66

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
how so? every time i install a new app.. it just adds it at the end. i always have to manually place it in alphabetical order

That's still the default behaviour.

Launchpad is searchable since 10.8. That helps narrow things down for me. I don't bother organizing Launchpad. I know it doesn't solve your original original issue, but it might take the edge off of dragging every icon to the location you want it if you upgrade.

I tried some free third party "manager" apps to do the job and they all sucked. That was a while ago though.

Out of box you're still stuck doing icon-by-icon dragging without a 3rd party solution unless DP5 brings something new to the table. I'm only up to DP4 for the moment.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
at motel 6 :(

Took 5 min for me

At Motel 6 in Salinas, Ca today. 12 hours remaining, or is it 1 day? it keeps flipping back and forth.?

On a side note, I stopped at a pizza place called Pizza My Heart in Santa Cruz, CA yesterday, they sell a Mavericks Pizza....and sell autographed copies of a book called "Making Mavericks." They also have pictures of Mavericks on the wall near the soda fountain. There was a guy at one of the tables on a Macbook Pro, I wonder if he was running Mavericks?

The pizza was so yummy, though I ordered the Big Sur Pizza. They also sell Mexican Coke in glass....(don't get too excited, its not THAT kind of Mexican Coke.)

MartiNZ

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Cool to see the march of progress. Mac App Store, iBooks Store, do people think they might strip out the iTunes Stores into their own apps as well? I like that the GUI is very similar to the MAS one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.