Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Maybe this is a Canadian/British thing. When someone tells me they're building a new house, I would never assume that they are the ones swinging a hammer.

Hmm... Yes, I'd agree with you on that.

But in an article I think "designed" is better because it's more accurate, and I think the nature of an article should be more formal and accurate than anything else.

Anyway, at first I was really just half-kidding about it. But then when this discussion started, I couldn't resist debating haha. :)

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2008
Why are people caught up over the phrase "house that Woz built?" When someone tells you they are building a new house do you say "Wow, I didn't know that you could build houses too!" Everyone understands that the phase "we built this house" means "we didn't buy an existing house or a house in a subdivision, we worked with an architect and a custom home builder to get our house built." But people don't say that whole phrase because they expect reasonably educated people to understand that "we built this house" doesn't mean we actually made it. That's why people who did make their own house say "I built this house with my own hands." If the former meant that, then you wouldn't need to clarify by adding the "with my own hands" bit.

I know you were probably just being humorous, but this wasn't the only post that seemed to have issues with that phrase.
<\rant>
<throbing headache>

The article should have said this is the house Woz had custom built. Not the house Woz built.

rGiskard

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2012
You would rather not have a hot wife?

If by "hot" you mean one that marries me for my money and then divorces me and takes half of it, then no, I would rather not have a "hot" wife.

The Woz got a raw deal on that marriage from what I've read.

LarryC

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2002
North America
Very nice house. can you please tell me where its situated and price

The information was in the subject line.

Los Gatos
Town in California
The town of Los Gatos is an incorporated town in Santa Clara County, California, United States. The population was 29,413 at the 2010 census. This information was obtained from Wikipedia.

Price: $4,500,000.00

heutusops

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2013
now that's what i call a house, really classy. you should expect this from an "apple guy", i wish i had $4.5 million, it'd be really great to get a house like that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.