Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
Now I have my hotmail/outlook accounts on my iPhone. I have the irritating thing, where I have the inboxes on the top and the 'accounts' at the bottom, why can't it be just one thing.

Now on to the main problem, at least on the iPhone I can go to the bottom section under accounts and look up sent mail etc. But I cant see that on my mac mail, what i sent on my iphone not on my mac (sent mail). Which is a bit of a problem. Of coz I know why, it just shows what you sent FROM the mac and not from the account.

I need them to be exactly the same, so how do I fix it? are all mail programs the same? what if I use outlook mail program for office for mac, would that work more like the iphone then? where it is connected to the actual sent mail folder of the account?

or what other options are there?

THANKS!!!

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
In what manner are your email accounts set up on your iPhone and computer (POP, Exchange, Hotmail, etc)?

Also, take a good look at Settings on the iPhone for Mail. You can see there what the possibilities are for mail syncing.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Hotmail and outlook.com accounts can only be set up at POP in Mail on a Mac so you won't be able to achieve true "syncing". Basically, all that happens on the Mac is you're pulling a copy of incoming mail down from the server. The various mailboxes don't sync.

On your Mac, the only way to match what you see on the iPhone is to use the outlook.com email web interface.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I think you could run Outlook 2013 or Windows Live Mail in a Windows partition or virtual machine and sync that account properly. But that's about it other than what's been discussed.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
Icic, what is so special about outlook2013 for windows? Does it sync properly like imap/exchange?

I currently use outlook.com because it allows me to use my own domain name email for free. Gmail charges for that and I ain't paying for email.

Thank you all for the replies, kinda sucks that they can have a fetch email program for iPhone but cannot do the same for mac.

I know I can use the web page but I just don't like the layout so much easier to have a program

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Icic, what is so special about outlook2013 for windows? Does it sync properly like imap/exchange?

I currently use outlook.com because it allows me to use my own domain name email for free. Gmail charges for that and I ain't paying for email.

Thank you all for the replies, kinda sucks that they can have a fetch email program for iPhone but cannot do the same for mac.

I know I can use the web page but I just don't like the layout so much easier to have a program

I hear ya. But sadly you get what you pay for. I'll probably upgrade my remaining Google Apps domain to the paid version eventually. I already moved one to Office 365 ($4/mo per user) because one of us hooked on Outlook for Windows. I'd move it back if that changes.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
Iphone and MAC both have great mailing syncing. But the best one is Mac mail mail syncing.

No idea what you are trying saying

----------

I hear ya. But sadly you get what you pay for. I'll probably upgrade my remaining Google Apps domain to the paid version eventually. I already moved one to Office 365 ($4/mo per user) because one of us hooked on Outlook for Windows. I'd move it back if that changes.

Sigh yes I guess have to live with it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.