Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keepingup

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
A member of my family has passed away. He had an almost new 64GB iPad. Mine is 8 GB. I want to switch to his, ideally while preserving his music library (1000 soungs). But I am fine with just wiping it clean and starting fresh. Do I just restore to factory settings and then load up my music and photos and videos which are stored on the cloud? Please be specific as I am 62 and not very technically gifted. Thanks in advance.

herdnerfer

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2011
Saint louis, MO
A member of my family has passed away. He had an almost new 64GB iPad. Mine is 8 GB. I want to switch to his, ideally while preserving his music library (1000 soungs). But I am fine with just wiping it clean and starting fresh. Do I just restore to factory settings and then load up my music and photos and videos which are stored on the cloud? Please be specific as I am 62 and not very technically gifted. Thanks in advance.

Putting aside the fact that there is no such thing as an 8GB iPad. Yes, all you need to do is restore the iPad and set it up using your Apple ID and choose to restore from your old iPad's most recent back up in the cloud. bada bing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.