Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

franciascolamy1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
My father is going to apply for the business leader job at one of the Apple Retail store in New York. I wonder if it is a good job and how it is the salary! I've already googled it but I can't find anything!
Thank you for those who respond!

benzslrpee

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2007
define "good"... pay, hours, benefits, perks, management etc. generally speaking, retail positions in Apple do not pay all that much

Mr Rabbit

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
'merica
I never held the position but it seems like the Business team at our old store was always under pressure to increase their numbers. Introductions, sales, followups, etc. At one point they sent out an email to all the folks on the Genius team asking (in a demanding tone) that we capture as many business cards as possible & set up at least a few meet & greets each time we worked the Genius Bar. Obviously there was a lot of kickback from us since our customer interaction time was already strained and they later apologized, citing policy changes as the motivation behind their message.

For what it's worth though they seemed somewhat happy even though there was clearly stress within their team.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.