Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bounou

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
Going to convert it to an iPad stand for the iPad 5 and stick it next to my G4 cube Kleenex dispenser!

My only problem (outside of not knowing if I will find an adequate iPad stand to use as a part in the conversion) is that now I have to get the iPad in white instead of in black like I originally planned, first world problems...

JohnGrey

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2012
Cincinnati Metro
Going to convert it to an iPad stand for the iPad 5 and stick it next to my G4 cube Kleenex dispenser!

My only problem (outside of not knowing if I will find an adequate iPad stand to use as a part in the conversion) is that now I have to get the iPad in white instead of in black like I originally planned, first world problems...

:eek: I can somewhat understand repurposing the iMac, but gutting a Cube to make a Kleenex dispenser?

bounou

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
:eek: I can somewhat understand repurposing the iMac, but gutting a Cube to make a Kleenex dispenser?

lol, both were completely broken before the project was started, actually for the cube ii only had the case, never the actual computer

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
And many Cube enthsiasts install the Cube guts in a better-for-cooling chassis (there was quite a cottage industry in them a few years ago, aluminum ones styled like a G5, etc,) so had the original chassis 'spare'.

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
I made a bunch of desktop pen/cile, scissors, etc., holders from dead Cube power supplies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.