Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
It's skewed a little to the right. I haven't seen one post about it on here. I don't know if it was over time or what, but it's a little "off". It's an iPhone 5 and still covered under warranty. You think Apple could help? :)

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Now I don't think it's just me... :p

I2QJVOp.png

H01D3N

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2013
Yeah, apple can fix that pretty easily. Is there an apple store near you?

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
My wife's recently did this. I hadn't even thought about bringing it in to the store. Of course she didn't even notice. lol

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
There's one half an hour away. Feel like I'd get laughed at for a crooked button...

They don't know how far u came.

Bothers you, do it.

Wanna feel nonchalant about it? Just drop it off, tell them you are going to do some more shopping, will come back to pick it up.

Dented

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2009
That would bug the hell out of me. And nobody buys an expensive smartphone just so it can bug the hell out of them. Get it fixed, for my sake.

Last edited:

kmpoboy2

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Alabama
Apple replaced mine back in June because of that.

Mind you, mine was not only crooked but it was loose so could move it with my thumb.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
They replaced the entire phone or the home button?

Back then all they were doing is replacing phones. Now they will actually replace front glass and home buttons on the spot on a case-by-case basis. It really depends on the Apple store and their availability I would think. Apple is working on replacing less and repairing more. This isn;t to say there is no chance your phone would be replaced, rather, there is a good chance that it will only be repaired.

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
They will change the entire phone, did you put some pressure on the home button, just curious ?

BMNEUR

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2013
Louisville
If you don't feel like going to the Apple Store half hour away you can call AppleCare and ship it out and they will ship you a new one. It's usually a 1-2 day turnaround as it is overnight shipping both ways. A signature is required and usually ships via FedEx Standard/Priority Overnight (by noon or 4:30 respectively). Apple normally does this if you are over 45 minutes away from an Apple Store but if you say my car doesn't work or there's a lot of construction going on (my case), they will provide this accommodation.

Nevertheless, good luck to you.

BMNEUR

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2013
Louisville
Unless you are a paid developer, it will void your warranty. Before taking it in for service, just restore to iOS6.

I broke my screen with an unofficial version of iOS 7 on mine and they took mine in no problem. Experiences may vary, and I would still advise you restore to iOS 6 as iDuel said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.