Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ma1nstr3am

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
Is there a reason for this? If I'm sending and receiving from the same email on both my Mac and my iPhone, my messages don't sync. I thought that even if the Mac is turned off, once I reopen the iMessage app, all previous conversations should download and sync.

Mike in Kansas

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2008
Metro Kansas City
Do you have your cell phone number added into the Messages preferences on your Mac? If the number is not in your iMessage profile of your accounts linked to Messages, you may not get all of the ones from your phone, depending on how your phone is set up (i.e., what email or phone number your message defaults to as "coming from").

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
I dont know if it is related but my "Messages" for Mac wont load anything and keeps disconnecting from iMessage and saying (inactive) next to all the messages... Just started today...

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
I dont know if it is related but my "Messages" for Mac wont load anything and keeps disconnecting from iMessage and saying (inactive) next to all the messages... Just started today...

I am having the same issue on my iMac for a few days now. Let us know if you find a solution.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
I am having the same issue on my iMac for a few days now. Let us know if you find a solution.

So I quit all my apps and restarted my Mac and that fixed it. I had to re-login to iMessage within the messages app after restarting but that got it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.