Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chumawumba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
Ask the NSA
So I kind of screwed up my iPhone 5 by messing around with the TelephonyUI Framework on iFile, and now most of the buttons on my phone have disappeared. (accept a call, decline a call.) I am a registered developer, and I already have iOS 7 beta on my iPads. I am considering upgrading my iPhone 5 jailbroken on iOS 6.1.2 to beta 5. I just have one important question. If I upgrade to a beta from a jailbroken iPhone, will anything go wrong? What I mean by that is things like damaged apps and the iOS itself. Any advice?

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
if you want to recover your lost files, just ask in the hacks section for someone with the same device and iOS version to send you the original TelephonyUI Framework folder.

if you are going to upgrade to iOS7, you really need to restore your device first to factory settings before doing so.

the only time you would *uptate* to a beta version is if you were not a developer, but of course you knew that already. :D - and even so, you need to do it from iOS 6 without the jailbreak.

chumawumba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
Ask the NSA
if you want to recover your lost files, just ask in the hacks section for someone with the same device and iOS version to send you the original TelephonyUI Framework folder.

if you are going to upgrade to iOS7, you really need to restore your device first to factory settings before doing so.

the only time you would *uptate* to a beta version is if you were not a developer, but of course you knew that already. :D - and even so, you need to do it from iOS 6 without the jailbreak.

Where can I do that?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You cant upgrade a JB phone by hitting the update button on iTunes. It will just error out. You will have to do a restore with iTunes by either going up to the latest 6.1.4 or by selecting the full ios 7 beta ipsw.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.