Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kattjeveln

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
I am, for the simple face of getting something similiar and newer for a cheaper price.

If I sell my iPhone5 now I'll get 700 USD max (4600 SEK, just saw an auction end with that bid on a white iPhone5).

What do you think the iPhone5C will cost?

kattjeveln

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
No, if I change phones I want an upgrade, not a downgrade.

Question is if it's a noticable downgrade, but I'm with you on this one. I'm thinking that the 5S will be an upgrade and the 5C pretty much the same as the 5.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
I wouldn't even sell it for what is rumored to be in the 5S, let alone the 5C. I'm definitely hanging on to my 5 for another year.

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
It will be cheaper for a reason, possible loss of Siri, maybe GPS, lower processor speed.

Or, it could be just available to emerging markets like China and India. So then your left having to buy a new phone.

The 5 will no doubt be better than the 5C.

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
It will be cheaper for a reason, possible loss of Siri, maybe GPS, lower processor speed.

Or, it could be just available to emerging markets like China and India. So then your left having to buy a new phone.

I think the 5C will replace the 4S... I think 5 the will still be better than the 5C.
My thoughts only...

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012

I doubt Siri would be lost as it would put it at a major disadvantage to Android phones the same with GPS as GPS is like basic phone feature nowadays. The processor i would speculate would be a underclocked iphone 5 processor.

I am, for the simple face of getting something similiar and newer for a cheaper price.

If I sell my iPhone5 now I'll get 700 USD max (4600 SEK, just saw an auction end with that bid on a white iPhone5).

What do you think the iPhone5C will cost?

I very much doubt the 5C will be anywhere as good as the i5 in terms of hardware.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Guess you don't play video games... Or use your remote... Or use headphones... or almost everything else

Let me rephrase since it wasnt obvious. Handheld electronics, you know, the ones with screens. :p
Either way, the only plastic electronics I have are my slingbox and time capsule, but those arent things I touch and hold everyday. Dont make assumptions on other peoples lives or lifestyles, thanks :]

Last edited:

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Anyone considering selling the iPhone5 for the iPhone5C?

Won't be selling my iPhone 5. Don't want the iPhone 5C.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Think the 5C will have colours, retina 4" screen, A6 and 16gb base.

They could differentiate on the camera, but I think at minimum they would put the 5 sensor (or a lower mp version of the 5 sensor - however i think that's unlikely) in it.

I do feel it'll be a 5 rebranded and rehoused.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Where do you think youll get $700 for an IP5? They are going for $350 to $400 on ebay my bro.

EDIT: And once a new phone is announced, itll drop $100

So, unless some unforseen phenomenon occurs in the market, youll wind up breaking even if very lucky.

----------

Think the 5C will have colours, retina 4" screen, A6 and 16gb base.

They could differentiate on the camera, but I think at minimum they would put the 5 sensor (or a lower mp version of the 5 sensor - however i think that's unlikely) in it.

I do feel it'll be a 5 rebranded and rehoused.

Yup, repackaged makes sense because it allows them to use the same stuff.

Akack

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2011
USA
Nope not even if they gave me one....5C looks cheap not bc of the plastic but the "fab-u-lous" colors

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
Can not see you getting near $700 for a 5.:eek:

The 5C will be very closely spec-ed as today iPhone 5. Maybe less memory but basically the same.:apple:

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Assuming the 5C has basically the same internals as the iPhone 5--then no. I'm not giving up a metal and glass iPhone for a colorful Fisher-Price toy.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I don't think there is too much room to compromise on the specs of the 5C with iOS 7 around the corner.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I wouldnt. I dont ever want plastic electronics again, but that's just my preference.

Exactly, if it leave my house with any type of regularity I want it to be metal or glass. the 3G was also the worst designed phone ever, not sure why people want to go back to that. I also don't ever sell my phones, so it's really a moot point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.