Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iaddict

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2007
I am not sure what exactly I've done but Parallels says that my Windows VM is missing. I have searched and tried to do a recover from the trash but nothing has enabled me to get the Windows XP VM back. I even called Microsoft to see if they could enable me to download XP from their site. NO- they don't have Windows XP any longer. I need help - cannot locate my Windows XP disk either. We moved and have numerous boxes - could take me days or weeks to locate it. Does anyone know of any other way I can recover what I seemingly- idiotically- have deleted from my system? Also, did not have Time Machine turned on - so that won't help me either:(

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
For intents and purposes it probably gone then, if you didn't have a backup and you a container object as large as that means the space has already been reused and undeleting/recovering it is remote at best.

Bummers man :(

iaddict

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2007
I thought I had backed it up to an external hard drive but I seem to be unable to locate that either. Does anyone know what the name of the file is or at least can give me an idea of what to look for? I've looked for Windows XP and Windows XP VM but neither show up. Maybe the installer is there? What might that file look like?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.