Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ios_7_icon-250x249.jpg
BGR reports that its sources have laid out a rough timeline for the final developer seeds of iOS 7, unsurprisingly noting that Beta 6 should arrive sometime next week, roughly two weeks after the release of Beta 5.

The report indicates that Beta 6 is planned to be the final developer release before Apple finalizes iOS 7 with a golden master build. That golden master is expected to be seeded to internal groups and carrier partners starting on September 5, with the full developer community receiving access on September 10 alongside Apple's iPhone media event.
After iOS 7 beta 6, Apple will be seeding a GM (gold master) version for its employees and partners to test starting around September 5th. This will mostly likely be the software that is released to the public later on in the month of September, barring any major bugs or problems that might be discovered.

After Apple and its partners are comfortable with the gold master build, the company will release it to developers on September 10th, the day of the company's iPhone event where we should see the new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C make their first appearances -- and they will of course be the first devices to run iOS 7 out of the box.
If Apple follows the pattern of its last several iPhone launches, the new iPhone hardware could launch in the first round of countries around Friday, September 20, with iOS 7 being made available to the public for existing devices a few days earlier.

Article Link: iOS 7 Beta 6 Arriving Next Week as Final Seed Before Golden Master?

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Fingers crossed the final release is rock solid - you just know everyone will be gunning for ya, Apple.

Make us proud.

Intarweb

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2007
This is by far the most excited I've been for an OS, for like, ever. I can't wait to install it come September.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
This is by far the most excited I've been for an OS, for like, ever. I can't wait to install it come September.

Ditto. I'm not planning on any new hardware this year, so Mavericks and iOS 7 are going to be big treats for me.

Bare

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
For a while I wanted to get developer access, but now I'm glad I waited. A clean version is just around the corner, and I will welcome the refreshed OS.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I hope this works out. I mean the timing of it all. A little late for back to school but a Spetember release and pre-orders for the phone is a lot better than October IMHO.

Kenrik

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2004
The software is far from GM ready. I don't know if they can make that timeline.

Nin3teen

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2013
Central Florida
Is everyone still complaining about the IOS 7 icons ?

No, but I am complaining about the terrible look of the iPod app. Bundling all albums/songs by an Artist into one screen? Taking away the ability to shuffle all songs by an artist? Yeah yeah you can tell Siri to, "shuffle songs by System of a Down," but this shouldn't have to be the only way to accomplish this...

And has anyone else noticed pano-wallpaper panning get broken in Beta 5? Mine did. And that god-awful wait time for a reboot. *sigh*

I love iOS 7 don't get me wrong. This late in the beta testing, its the little things you can nit-pick and complain about. :D

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I hope this works out. I mean the timing of it all. A little late for back to school but a Spetember release and pre-orders for the phone is a lot better than October IMHO.

Apple doesn't consider phones a back to school item so it makes sense they would wait and focus on computers and tablets for BTS

sziehr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
I can the iphone variant of the os is pretty decent now. The ipad version well now that bad boy needs some serious love before it gets out there in the wild. The ipad has some show stopper bugs which i am sure will get fixed in the next beta release but it was amateur hour mistake to let it out the door like that.

Santabean2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2007
Should be a treat. Or a turd, depending on your perspective.

I'm more the former; pretty pumped.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
The software is far from GM ready. I don't know if they can make that timeline.

This is what I mean, they need to make it as bulletproof as possible from the start.

There will always be little bugs, but just no major issues is vital.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.