Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Television channel Syfy announced today that it is relaunching its two apps for iOS as Syfy Now, a universal app with a complete redesign and more access to greater content. The app allows users to watch full episodes of Syfy programs and makes new episodes available the day after they air, and also syncs watch lists and in-show progress across multiple devices via iCloud. Social media sharing is also enabled in this update, as users are given the ability to share episode information directly to social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.

syfynow.jpg
Syfy Now is your destination for full episodes of your favorite Syfy shows, including new episodes available the day after they air for most programs. Once you open the app, log in with your cable or satellite provider account to gain access to the currently available episodes. The same app works on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch - you can even sync your watchlist and in-show progress across multiple devices via iCloud.
The app allows for full viewing capability with 11 cable and satellite providers, and claims that more are coming in the future. Users who do not have a compatible cable or satellite provider are still allowed to view select full episodes and clips from Syfy shows, as well as additional content including original online series.

Syfy Now is a free download from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'Syfy Now' Launches for iOS with Greater Access to Content, iCloud Syncing

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
I hate this network, where is the Sci-fi that we all use to enjoy? I am still wondering where they get their ratings for all this crappy B movies and reality shows, I am very suspicious about this.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
They're just cashing in on all the ghost hunting and reality show popularity right now. They got to go where the money is.

wthudson

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2009
SyFy Fail, again....

really no TWC or DirecTV????

We REALLY want to be on your side SyFy yet again, and again, you fail.

E.Lizardo

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2008
I remember when there was actually Sci Fi on SyFy... <sigh>

Yes.And The Weather Channel had the weather,and MTV played music,and A&E had Arts and Entertainment,and The History Channel had history,and The Science Channel had science,and The National Geographic Channel had...um...national geography?
Now it's all"reality"all the time.
Hey at least ESPN has volleyball cheer leading and arm wrestling!

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Oh, yes. It should rhyme with the first two syllables of "syphilitic."

But that would be "sih-fih". I'll stick with "see-fee".

Now, perhaps you could argue that it should be pronounced "sih-fee" as in rhyming with "iffy", and that would be an appropriate association, given the state of the network, at this point...

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
really no TWC or DirecTV????

We REALLY want to be on your side SyFy yet again, and again, you fail.

Every time I want to go back to twc pay TV instead of just Internet I always see that a lot of these online services aren't supported by them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.