Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
London
Has anyone tried beta 6 on the iPad? If so, is it any better than beta 5 (i.e.: doesn't lock up when using multi-touch gestures and randomly respiring all the time)?

Think these problems were only on the iPad 2 and 3.

AJTC

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2012
The multi-touch gestures are fixed in beta 6 on my iPad 3rd gen.

tudy25

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2013
What about the frosted glass effects that were missing from the iPad 2/3? Are they back now?

DariusX

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2013

Open up some resource-intensive app, then try the pinch to homescreen a few times, then tell me it's fixed. (because it isn't)

mpfef

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2010
On my iPad 2, Springboard is restarting a LOT. There doesn't seem to be a pattern of when it restarts, it's just happening quite a bit.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
What about the MOST important problem form Beta 5, the SLOW boot up?

mr100percent

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2013
Ohio
That annoying bug where the device resprings when you open the Smart Cover (which started in beta 5) persists into beta 6. I filed a bug report.

tehreflex

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2009

Works maybe once or twice for me and then hard freeze. Did Apple only fix the 1 bug in Beta 6? It didn't seem like a life or death bug.

Overall it still feels exactly like Beta 5. Gestures broken still, if I go to change wallpaper there's super lag, Safari still sucks donkey balls with the random crashes.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
The multi touch gestures still causes a springboard crash in beta 6. I would have figured that after a week of this, apple would have fixed it, instead of fixing an iTunes in the cloud bug.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
iOS 7 will most likely come to iPad a month or so later after the iPhone public release. This happened with iOS 4 and multitasking. iPad users had to wait. They will hopefully take the time to perfect it in time for an October iPad refresh. As it stands now everything Ive seen shows its just not going to be ready in the next couple of weeks.

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
iOS 7 will most likely come to iPad a month or so later after the iPhone public release. This happened with iOS 4 and multitasking. iPad users had to wait. They will hopefully take the time to perfect it in time for an October iPad refresh. As it stands now everything Ive seen shows its just not going to be ready in the next couple of weeks.

I don't think this will be the case. Seems pretty good to me.

ObsidianBlade

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Wait...people are having multi touch issues? I've been using beta 5 and haven't had a crash since like beta 3. It's quite good. But now I'm afraid of updating because I don't want to ruin a good thing.

macdim

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2007
Canada
Wait...people are having multi touch issues? I've been using beta 5 and haven't had a crash since like beta 3. It's quite good. But now I'm afraid of updating because I don't want to ruin a good thing.

I am using an iPad 2 and beta 5 was just as bad. I had to disable the multitasking gestures because I am so used to closing apps with 5 fingers that I was constantly getting the iPad in a state where I had to hard reboot the device.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan

All the people complaining here have iPad 3. As far as I know the newest iPad 4 doesnt have the issue.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I don't think this will be the case. Seems pretty good to me.

I wouldn't be so sure, it's very buggy for a lot of people. Remember, the iPad iOS 7 beta 1 came later, and the iPhone version is the priority for the September 5S/5C release. The iPad version just has to be ready by October or whenever the new iPads ship.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Still having the Smart Cover respring with my iPad 2. I turned off Smart Cover lock/unlock but because of that I keep forgetting to turn off my iPad...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.