Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Japan_Display_logo1.png
According to market research firm IHS iSuppli (via CNET), primary Apple supplier Japan Display Inc. is gearing up to focus its production efforts on Apple's next-generation iPhone set to be released next month.

The firm is currently a major supplier of displays for the iPhone 5, joining fellow Japanese company Sharp and South Korean electronics manufacturer LG in handling Apple's production needs. A report earlier this year stated that Apple had sent orders for LCD panels for the iPhone 5S to all three companies in June.
"JDI is focusing on [production] volumes for the next iPhone launch. So capacity is consumed by smartphone production right now leaving little room for other [production] applications," Vinita Jakhanwal, director of mobile and emerging displays at IHS iSuppli, told CNET.
The report also says that JDI is a candidate to provide Retina displays for an upcoming iPad mini, although it may not do so initially as it focuses on iPhone 5S production. Yesterday, IHS iSuppli reported that LG should be the main supplier for Retina iPad mini panels, with Sharp and perhaps Samsung also handling some of the production.

Apple will reportedly unveil the next-generation iPhone on September 10, but it is still unclear whether the event will focus singularly on the iPhone 5S or also include the announcement of the rumored low-cost iPhone.

Article Link: iPhone Display Supplier Japan Display Begins Focusing Production Efforts on iPhone 5S

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
September 20th could be the release date in a batch of countries.
But what if that'll be the second round?
No more reports referring to bottlenecks due to the fingerprint sensors have seen the light.

Ventilatedbrain

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2012
I'm definitely liking the 5s so far .. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us ... Yesterday I held an s4 mini and I have to say that that screen size will look good on an iPhone ...4.3 is definitely one hand friendly ...I do however love the current 4" screen a lot too ... The 5s can't come soon enough

aloshka

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2009
I hope there are iPad mini retinas but I really want there to be everything announced. the OS thing etc.

Also, here is to hoping for the mac pro announcement and the updated rMBP's with new haswell.

aloshka

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2009
this is meaning thar iPhone will havr igzo display ?

I think only Sharp and Samsung makes IGZO displays. So probably not.

Although I have a tiny little theory. I think they might release a 3d display since the new iOS7 is all about layers and things being on top of each other in 3d. While the gyro sensor is cool, it doesn't look all that 3d. Just the rumor I'm trying to spread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.