Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Las Vegas, Fashion Show - Sat, Nov 2
Indianapolis, Keystone - Sat, Nov 2
Edina, Southdale - Sat, Nov 2

http://www.apple.com/retail/

that makes a total of I think 46 Apple Stores. but they certainly do not have one in every state yet, why have they left out Alabama?:rolleyes: :eek:
:D

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001
There's like 10 apple stores in California, and almost all of them are in the same area. I think Steve went alittle over board with California.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
I'll admit that the midwest isn't the biggest market in the world for computers. But it's not bad, either. We have some very high-tech educational markets-- Anyway, where I live, there are Apple stores in all four directions-- three and four hundred miles away. Iowa has 0 Apple stores. 46, eh? Why *Does* california need an entire handful?

i haven't been able to rant about this for a while, thanks :)

pnw

vixapphire

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Los Angeles
Not to be a wet blanket or anything, but does anyone actually buy anything at the Apple Store?

I've been guilty of the pleasure of ogling the fine Apple merch (like the cinema display) and fondling same (like the powerbooks and powermacs with the great, fast internet access all over the joints), but I'm not sure I'd ever want to shell out cash at one of these places, given the sales-tax savings realized from buying on-line.

Are the Apple Stores really that successful, or are they just a way to get the product in front of people so they'll consider buying Apple computers - from whomever?

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by vixapphire
Not to be a wet blanket or anything, but does anyone actually buy anything at the Apple Store?

I bought my iPod at the Apple Store. Anything under $500 dollars I'll buy at the Apple Store. I always see someone buying at least one computer everytime I go to an Apple Store. I'm sure there making some money especially since they took away the free water.

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Well I'm sure they sell a lot of software, and having the stores has probably helped more people switch because they can witness the machines (and os) firsthand. I will try to find some sales figures though because it would be interesting to see how successful they really are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.