Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
2 year thread resurrection!
Just GTA Online (ps4) for now, and occasionally Team Fortress 2 on Steam.

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Anyone playing Battlefield Hardline Beta? It's available on all platforms ps4/xb1/pc.

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Last multiplayer games I played were Elder Scrolls Online Beta and Destiny Beta. What an utter disappointment both those games were, convinced me not to buy.

Last edited:

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
I played a little Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare over the weekend.
What a surprisingly fun little multi-player Third Person Shooter that is.

I guess what I like about it is the co-op aspect, relatively short to do 10 waves of zombies, and cartoony graphics make it less intimidating to play on-line vs your standard FPS.

While I think this game could get boring if played too often, it's great for a quick arcade fix.

kingc0bra

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2012
I played a little Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare over the weekend.
What a surprisingly fun little multi-player Third Person Shooter that is.

I guess what I like about it is the co-op aspect, relatively short to do 10 waves of zombies, and cartoony graphics make it less intimidating to play on-line vs your standard FPS.

While I think this game could get boring if played too often, it's great for a quick arcade fix.

Agreed definitely the most fun and different multiplayer for this new gen.

I had Destiny, it was horrible and that's coming from a huge Bungie/Halo fan...Titanfall got boring really quickly, and Battlefield Hardline is only fun with friends

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Actually thinking about Splatoon. A bit miffed at the demo (although it made sense the way they set it up to test servers) since I couldn't test it but it looks somewhat interesting.

Other than that gaming only a ittle. Occasional Advanced Warfare match here and there - good game, wish they'd implement the DLC maps into regular HC TDM rotation much, much faster though. At this point, almost everybody still playing it has the Season Pass anyway and the maps are good.

kingc0bra

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2012
Actually thinking about Splatoon. A bit miffed at the demo (although it made sense the way they set it up to test servers) since I couldn't test it but it looks somewhat interesting.

Other than that gaming only a ittle. Occasional Advanced Warfare match here and there - good game, wish they'd implement the DLC maps into regular HC TDM rotation much, much faster though. At this point, almost everybody still playing it has the Season Pass anyway and the maps are good.

Splatoon does look interesting and different, it's about time developers started releasing fresh ideas...Hopefully it's good and sells well, although the fact that the Wii U hasn't sold a lot of consoles makes it hard for this game to become a huge hit

I've been playing Wolfenstein the Old Blood, it's really fun and a breathe of fresh air from all the clones and remasters out there

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
I played the Splatoon demo, and it was really fun. Reminded me a lot of Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare. I think if you like that, you will like this.

I'm going to wait for reviews on single player campaign before deciding to buy. The multiplier is great, but I don't see it holding my attention long enough to justify the price of the game. If single player is good, it will be a definite buy once I clear my backlog.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I've been playing Wolfenstein the Old Blood, it's really fun and a breathe of fresh air from all the clones and remasters out there

Yea, Old Blood was a blast! You played New Order aready?

Mondoman: you from the US? It's much more expensive than in Europe (my understanding at least, didn't check on that personally). I don't think the single player is anything that'd hold me: multiplayer only for me.

kingc0bra

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2012
Yea, Old Blood was a blast! You played New Order aready?

Mondoman: you from the US? It's much more expensive than in Europe (my understanding at least, didn't check on that personally). I don't think the single player is anything that'd hold me: multiplayer only for me.

Yes sir, played New Order when it first came out, great game as well! I actually remember playing the original Wolfenstein as a kid so the retro levels are an awesome addition!

It's probably the most fun with this new gen I've had, every other game is either a rehash or a disappointment.

Are there any other games you've enjoyed this gen?

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Are there any other games you've enjoyed this gen?

Let's see....Alien: Isolation was great although I stopped at one point mid-termish and then other games came along. Will finish it for sure though. But not for everybody and single-player only.

Cod, but I never played these online and while everybody bashes them nowadays I mostly think they're burned out on the formular more than the game itself being rubbish. Having some fun with the arena shooting in Advanced Warfare so far. But nowhere near a masterpiece either.

Nothing really more so far. Dying Light and GTA V (and I never really played OpenWorld games before the very first top-down GTAs but nothing else) were nice but somehow didn't catch me. Must be one of the very few. :confused:

-

I remember Wolf3d too! :D Great times!!

They should re-release the whole thing, not just the shareware, New Order Style!

-

Crossing fingers DooM will be as awesome as I hope it will be! And has a (good)multiplayer - then everythings fine! :D

Reactions: kingc0bra

kingc0bra

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2012
Donfor39 try out Rocket League, its an arcade game but lots of fun, most fun I've had this gen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.