Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you like iOS 7 on the new gold iPhone 5s?

• Yes

Votes: 47 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 67 58.8%

• Total voters

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
No.

NO_GOD_PLEASE_NO.gif

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
We haven't actually seen a finished gold 5s yet, so it's difficult to answer this question. My suspicion is that I wouldn't want a gold phone regardless if it's running iOS 7 or 6. I think it's probably a good idea for Apple to offer the gold option, but black is currently my favorite option.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
We haven't actually seen a finished gold 5s yet, so it's difficult to answer this question. My suspicion is that I wouldn't want a gold phone regardless if it's running iOS 7 or 6. I think it's probably a good idea for Apple to offer the gold option, but black is currently my favorite option.

But why gold. Out of all the colors we know. WHY GOLD?! Why not Red, Blue, or even Green! Why "Gooold"

I mean if they want to release a Gold color...fine thats FINE. But JUST gold, they can't provide other color options to go along with gold?

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
But why gold. Out of all the colors we know. WHY GOLD?! Why not Red, Blue, or even Green! Why "Gooold"

I mean if they want to release a Gold color...fine thats FINE. But JUST gold, they can't provide other color options to go along with gold?

Blue...

Attachments

• tumblr_mr2rgrEQsy1sdxkcqo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mr2rgrEQsy1sdxkcqo1_500.gif
    495.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
If Apple gives us a Blue or Red 5S. I will line up for that phone. I would LOVE one of those colors on my iPhone. Too bad Apple chose....GOLD

Maybe the Gold is to target Dubai, the Middle East and the rest of the bling loving market... Considering its apple I'm sure they'll make it a classy gold... Let's at least wait for the announcement... :p

robertpetry

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
St Augustine, FL
Would you like iOS 7 on the new gold iphone 5

There is a creative Dr. Seuss-like response to "Would you like iOS 7 on the new gold iPhone 5s?" Something based on Green Eggs and Ham. I'm too tired to come up with it though. Anyone willing to help?

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
Maybe the Gold is to target Dubai, the Middle East and the rest of the bling loving market... Considering its apple I'm sure they'll make it a classy gold... Let's at least wait for the announcement... :p

The day of the announcement...if they announce the gold iPhone 5S. This is going to be me...

tumblr_mqip36UiMA1sbfwapo1_250.gif

I will cry for Apple.

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
This sounds like Apple is catering to the Vertu crowd. But OTOH, I love my gold and black anodized Motorola Razr V3xx.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

Gold has always been an international symbol of wealth and luxury. If Apple does indeed release a gold version of the iPhone 5S there is demand for it. Google image search "gold iPhone". Lots of 3rd party companies offer gold iPhones. It's not that far fetched (although I wouldn't get one personally).

Last edited:

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
The mock-up that iMore did of the Champagne iPhone looks really really good. The white and silver looked to girly for me personally, but I think the champagne colored one might be my first white iPhone.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Dumb poll but what the hey, I'm bored.

I have been using iOS 7 since Beta 2 and like it a lot. Have no issues with the new look. It's a improvement on iOS 6.

As far as the gold/champagne phone..... Though I have zero issue with Apple offering a 3rd color choice. That color is simply not for me. After 4 black iPhone's I am hoping I have enough nerve to get the white one this time around.

veneto

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2013
I would not like it on my phone,

if it was gold if, it was stone.

I would not like it with champagne,

or in the rain, or on a train.

No I would not like it here or there.

I would not like it anywhere.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Having iOS 7 on the gold iPhone 5S will be the same as having it on a white 5/5S. The front will be white, only the sides and backplate will be "champagne."

Enmanuel

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2012
Boston

Gold is not a color, that´s why. in terms of metals and ¨color¨gold is the opposite to silver, so it would still be a neutral material in a way and would keep in line with the flagship model being premium. painting something to make it look better would fall in line more with the line of thought behind lower cost products like the 5C.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
This is one of those threads in which the threadstarter assumes because he/she likes the idea of a gold phone and likes the UI of iOS7 that everyone else feels the same.

These threads are always a FAIL !

HenryJobs

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2012
If Steve were still around, I have no doubt that he would exact brutal revenge on anyone who even mentioned a gold iPhone. When was the last time gold looked good on anything, 1970? And with the new purple-teal look of ios 7, gold is going to look simply disgusting.

Although gold does represent old, tasteless wealth, which might just be the way apple is going.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.