Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
They are only alleged to be photos. They might be kanagroos.

No, they're not kangaroos. Allegedly.

I wish Apple would innovate a bit (in the iPad world, that is). A new iPad with the same manufacturing procedure as the iPad mini is HARDLY a surprise, and - let's face it - a bit of a disappointment, because it means no real stereo sound separation. *cries*

HArzeh

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2013
liquide metal

Every time i look at the rear shield I thinck the apple logo is liquid metal logo! :eek:

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Plastic logo should match the front: black or white.

(Then again, the iMac has had black trim with white keys/mouse for reasons unknown... for just about ever. Black Mac Pro probably still won't have black keys/mouse. I guess black and white are mix-n-match!)

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Alleged, indeed. It is said, without proof, that they have an illegal or undesirable quality of being photos.

But alleged sounds so much more weighty than saying claimed, even when the adjective is inappropriate and modifying the wrong noun. The humorous part is, this is the standard usage for MR. They never get it right.

osaga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Damn I wish it could have the same back as the iPad 2/3/4. I much prefer that.

Something about the mini's back that I don't like.

Agreed, the iphone "5C" has the same problem. It's as if the designers were just lazy.

Tjosansa

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2013
Glowing apple

Wooohoooo..
There will be an glowing apple logo on the back.. Hell yeah!
Will look awesome!

Soulweaponry

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2010

I wish Apple would innovate a bit (in the iPad world, that is). A new iPad with the same manufacturing procedure as the iPad mini is HARDLY a surprise, and - let's face it - a bit of a disappointment, because it means no real stereo sound separation. *cries*

Serious question. What innovation are you looking for? What is Microsoft doing that's more innovating than apple? Not gimmicks, innovating.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Ah, never noticed it on the iPhone. I'm still on the 4s. Just caught my eye thinking it would just be covered by the cases/back covers.

I am reminded of it whenever I look at the back of my phone which is arguably not often. It was the first thing I noticed when I looked at a photo that showed it. I had no idea what it was at first lol

downpour

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
With their chunky edges these iPads look like they should be the model 'before' the iPad 2.

I know this design allows for bigger batteries and is actually thinner, but it does look like a downgrade aesthetically.

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2011
With their chunky edges these iPads look like they should be the model 'before' the iPad 2.

I know this design allows for bigger batteries and is actually thinner, but it does look like a downgrade aesthetically.
Your by yourself on this one.

topper24hours

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2012
But will it come in gold?

----------

Probably the same thickness as the current iPad. I do not see Apple cutting down the bezel and thinning the iPad out while maintaining battery life.

It will definitely be thinner... If you rtfa, you'd know that they are planning on using the same screen tech as the mini to make it slimmer. Also, there have been NUMEROUS side by sides on this site & others showing the leaked iPad 5 cases next to the current. It's thinner. Oh, and I also hope it comes in gold.. sounds cool, I like options.

JamonBull

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Australia
Oh WOW! These look stunning. If these are legit (which I'm willing to bet they are) I am SO glad that Apple have decided to continue the aluminium design/colour for the big iPad and now even the iPad mini! It really adds continuity with the MacBook lineup.

Abobrek

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2012
It appears that the Apple logo is transparent, as it was in the black and slate leaked photos as well, illuminating Apple logo?

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Serious question. What innovation are you looking for? What is Microsoft doing that's more innovating than apple? Not gimmicks, innovating.

Who mentioned Microsoft? We're talking Apple. This has been a long time with nothing to get me excited. I miss that feeling from them.

SimonTheSoundMa

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2006
Birmingham, UK
Yet another speed bump I guess.

Needs better multi-touch which is pressure sensitive. Stereo speakers placed at both ends would be a good edition too, facing forward rather than blasting sound in to the room of my lap too.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011

You think the current mini looks chunky?

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB

I think you need to see it in person to appreciate it. If this rumor is true the full sized iPad case will be significantly smaller. I know I didn't appreciate how small the iPad Mini was until I saw one in an Apple store. Photos and mockups often don't do these gadgets justice.

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2011

There the i bomb. What's not innovative ????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.