Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StuartMoore

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Scotland
All,

Will updating to Beta 7 (when it's released) without updating to Beta 6 be okay!?
Don't have my iPhone to hand, and B7 will have prob released by then.....

Thanks, Stuart.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
All,

Will updating to Beta 7 (when it's released) without updating to Beta 6 be okay!?
Don't have my iPhone to hand, and B7 will have prob released by then.....

Thanks, Stuart.

If you're doing OTA update no. You have to update to Beta 6 first before you can go to beta 7 unless you download the entire Beta 7 IPSW file which is 1.2GB and restore the phone as NEW.

StuartMoore

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Scotland
If you're doing OTA update no. You have to update to Beta 6 first before you can go to beta 7 unless you download the entire Beta 7 IPSW file which is 1.2GB and restore the phone as NEW.

So what your saying if I can, update OTA a.s.a.p before B7 is released.....what about the library file thingy??

Cheers, Stuart.

aimee.elizabeth

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2012
So what your saying if I can, update OTA a.s.a.p before B7 is released.....what about the library file thingy??

Cheers, Stuart.

I personally haven't installed the profile that Apple recommended, seeing as I never had a bug with my iTunes or iCloud or whatever it was. Everything is fine for me, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
Your iPhone will give you the updates that you need in the order that you need them. Just back up your phone like you should be doing anyway and don't worry about it :)

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
I wonder as well.
Staying on beta 4 since Apple removed blurs on iPad 2 with beta 5. And I love the blurs.
So if they return in beta 7 what I expect because iPad mini has the same hardware and got blurs in beta 5/6, will I be able to update directly OTA? I mean, my iPad informed me OTA about beta 6 also, although it's an update from beta 5. Don't you think Apple would pick a combo update then?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.