Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
Apple ought to at least change the safari icon i mean what the hell it's totally copied on google chrome icon

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
Plenty of bugs (mostly ui glitches) to iron out since last major beta. I wonder if it's really close to be ready or we are going to see a major update right after the official release. Regardless, looks good.

zaneliu94

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
Bay Area
Maybe someone whos trialling it could tell us if all their apps are still working?

Honestly, on the iPhone 5, iOS7 has run perfectly almost with beta 6, beta 5 even. All my apps run fine except the iTunes Radio function is glitchy at times. The own 3rd party app trouble I have is with Twitter's lower buttons. They're holds rather than taps.

The apps actually crash less than they used to on iOS6 for me and everything runs super smooth.

As for design. I love it. The icons and colors have really grown on me. At this point, anything otherwise feels uncomfortable. I've become ADDICTED to the left side slide for the back function. I honestly accidentally try doing it all the time on 3rd party apps. They need that function on every app. It's 100x better than tapping the back button

youngsunnz

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2008
Hopefully it'll fix the battery drain issue. Anyone else having issues with the battery life draining way to fast?

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
If, and that's a big if, this is the final beta before the goldmaster. I can see Apple launching the goldmaster, a public release. And shortly after a 7.1,version fixing the remaining bugs left over at that point.

decimortis

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Toronto
Everything's been running great on my 4S since Beta 4, and subsequent beta releases have really just made everything seem a little smoother / quicker.

Twitter app has issues with the bottom buttons as others have said, but I'm pretty sure that's a Twitter issue, which I'm sure will be fixed with their first iOS 7 update.

D.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
Maybe someone whos trialling it could tell us if all their apps are still working?

I'm not a dev, but just downloaded it and have been using it on my iPhone 4. The lowest phone to support it.

On the iPhone4 it's pretty much a buggy, ugly, pos. You don't get much of the cool factor. Blurry backgrounds, refraction effect, etc. For example the controls that come up from the bottom are just a transparent grey. Not the blurry look. And notification center from the top is just barely a transparent black background. No blur fx there either. In fact, it makes you realize the bare bones of iOS7 are really just kinda ugly. it's only the blur fx that give it any wow factor. I much prefer iOS6 notifications. The iOS7 version takes up ridiculous amounts of space, doesn't give you much info (weather for example), doesn't have Facebook/twitter posting, and stocks take up a whole screen instead of a line.

App switching is lame too. I much prefer the minimal ios6 version. Ditto with folders. Folders on ios6 was so cool I thought. In 7 it's this lame little square that you zoom in on. Blech.

Aylan

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2013
Boston
This may be the final BETA but there will still be a GM build that is about 3 weeks in the future. I am sure Apple will get the kinks out by then. Most people complaining are people who should not have the beta installed anyway. I have found that most issues are due to 3rd party apps that are not compatible with iOS 7. The music app does need some work, but nothing that a few weeks worth of work can't fix. This update can make or break Apple, I am sure they will take their time to make sure it is rock solid. Beta 6 is quite solid on the iPhone, can't wait for GM!

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Can someone who's had access to these betas tell me what iOS 7 is like? Does it feel solid? What do you think of its design?

I'll spare you the search, since the iOS 7 subforum is ridiculous. Overall, beta 6 for me has been very stable. Some apps crash, but that'll be different once the final release is out and all the apps update. The animations are a little slow for my taste, but that is also something I think will change upon final release. As for the design, I love it. I have very few complaints about the new design (Safari and settings icons, and sometimes the dock can look ugly), and comparing it to iOS 6 instantly makes iOS 6 look dated.

Hope that helps.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
Can someone who's had access to these betas tell me what iOS 7 is like? Does it feel solid? What do you think of its design?

Wow, there's been thread after thread about this.

The good - Some of it fantastic - control center(long overdue), multipage folders, newsstand can be buried in a folder, cleaned up interface, parallax- useless but cool, text color and folder, transparency layers reflect your wallpapers dominate color and create a more custom unified interface. Jony Ive had referenced wanting to do this a couple of years agao- having the interface change based on the color of the phone/background.

The bad- The icons and color scheme are atrocious. Too much pastel. iOS has lost it's detailed sku'd icons that just begged to be touched to lifeless and dull icons. Other than that, not much else to not like.

Sounds like so far the OS has been a pile of glitches and bugs. :confused: :apple:

Not too bad really. I've run Beta 1,2,4 on my iPhone 4S and it's been pretty solid. Yes there have been glitches- but it's beta software, it's in development, not final release, that's part of the process.

Ok, so I installed the iOS 7 BETA 6, on my iPhone 4S but didn't synchronized any music, my question forum is... do I have to have the itunes beta 2 also to get all my music synchronized and apps on my iPhone? because I heard lots of people like me, not even able to sync their devices.

I've run beta 1,2,and 4 on my iPhone 4S(bought Nov. 2011) and it has never had an issue syncing on my Mac and PC.

Mind you, I have my music to sync set up in playlist and sync those, maybe that makes a difference? I'm sure it will be ironed out by final release.

----------

As of BETA 4 all my apps worked perfectly fine.

CHMK

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012

i guess it might be different for everyone but im running beta 6 and its stable as ios 6. all apps work, bearing in mind i have about 190 apps on my phone. initial syncing issuesL eg music kept resyncing but i fiddled a bit, and its fine. for the average user its pretty damn near perfect.
its beautiful too.happiest ive ever been using an iphone.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
I'll spare you the search, since the iOS 7 subforum is ridiculous. Overall, beta 6 for me has been very stable. Some apps crash, but that'll be different once the final release is out and all the apps update. The animations are a little slow for my taste, but that is also something I think will change upon final release. As for the design, I love it. I have very few complaints about the new design (Safari and settings icons, and sometimes the dock can look ugly), and comparing it to iOS 6 instantly makes iOS 6 look dated.

Hope that helps.

this. I do hope they speed up a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.