Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
London
iFun recently reported that its sources say there will be no more betas for iOS 7 until a GM is released at next month’s event.

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
I guess that makes sense considering apple came out with beta 6 just to fix a small bug, why wouldn't they just wait for the next beta to fix that bug? Unless there isn't gonna gone another beta. That is the only reason I believe it.

Decimotox

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
I guess that makes sense considering apple came out with beta 6 just to fix a small bug, why wouldn't they just wait for the next beta to fix that bug? Unless there isn't gonna gone another beta. That is the only reason I believe it.

It was a critical error which needed to be fixed quickly, ergo they couldn't wait till the next beta. It was a 13 MB beta update. Had to be done.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Then why would BGR troll us?

They didn't troll us. That's implying that they deliberately lied. They have no reason to do this as it just reduces their credibility further.

It's possible Apple is trying to catch BGR's source. Or, there was a last-minute delay for whatever reason, it could still come today. Or tomorrow. Anything is possible...

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
Come on guys, Ive's probably still drinking his morning coffee and eating his last slice of toast. 5 more minutes...

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
It was a critical error which needed to be fixed quickly, ergo they couldn't wait till the next beta. It was a 13 MB beta update. Had to be done.

I know what the update was for I'm saying it couldn't wait till the next beta a few days later? But if there was never supposed to be another beta then that explains beta 6 and the fact that it came unexpected and was only a 13mb updated to address one bug.

Totally not saying this is what happened or I know anything more then anybody else, this is just my theory and I hope I'm wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.