Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has seeded a second beta version of iTunes 11.1 to developers, several weeks after the debut of the first iTunes 11.1 beta. The second beta comes after an emergency update to iOS 7 and the release of iTunes 11.0.5, both of which fixed an issue with iTunes in the Cloud, so it is probable that this update addresses the same issue.

itunes11-800x207.png
Apple's iTunes 11.1 includes iTunes Radio, which is Apple's upcoming Pandora-like music streaming service. The updated software is expected to debut in the fall alongside Apple's iOS 7.

iTunes 11 Beta 2 can be downloaded via Apple's Developer Center.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 11.1 Beta 2 to Developers

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Does "Apps" have a new icon in the sidebar? I can't quite remember what it used to look like, but something looks different now.

srmoll

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2002
I will be happy as long as home sharing starts working again. iTunes 11 has been a nightmare so far. None of my iOS devices can access my iTunes library on my Mac at the moment, and I haven't managed to find the magic incantation to tease it into working again.

infinitech

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2012
i've had to roll back too many of my clients because iTunes 11 doesn't act quite right when a user has a more than decent sized library

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.