Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ebendigo

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2009
Try editing the contact on beta.icloud.com and then open it back up on the phone.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Ok thanks guys, just wanted to make sure it was not just me! I thought at first it was the pictures, so I removed a load but it made no difference.

Strindberg77

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2013
Seems to happen only with older contacts...

Ok thanks guys, just wanted to make sure it was not just me! I thought at first it was the pictures, so I removed a load but it made no difference.

Is this the case for you to? I thought it was only my own name, but it also happens to the contacts that I have had through many iPhones.

MatthewH12

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
It seems for me, it only crashes with contacts that have a home address of some sort listed. Ones without a home (or work) address, scroll just fine.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
We had a thread like this when beta 5 came out. I don't have the bug at all on beta 5 or 6. And I even tried clicking on linked contacts and editing contacts with addresses saved. I am unable to reproduce this bug on my iPhone 5 and iPad mini.

MatthewH12

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
We had a thread like this when beta 5 came out. I don't have the bug at all on beta 5 or 6. And I even tried clicking on linked contacts and editing contacts with addresses saved. I am unable to reproduce this bug on my iPhone 5 and iPad mini.

Well it's not a bug of fresh install vs backup, as it happens both on my iPhone (restored from backup from 6.1.4 after upgrade), and my iPad (Fresh install, just synced using Google Contacts).

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Well it's not a bug of fresh install vs backup, as it happens both on my iPhone (restored from backup from 6.1.4 after upgrade), and my iPad (Fresh install, just synced using Google Contacts).

I use icloud contacts exclusively and regardless if I restore from backup or fresh install, I don't not ever did have the bug in any of the betas.

MatthewH12

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
I use icloud contacts exclusively and regardless if I restore from backup or fresh install, I don't not ever did have the bug in any of the betas.

Hmm, all of mine sync thru Google, I wonder if thats why it's broken for me, but works for you since you sync thru iCloud?

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
I can confirm this is a bug. I tried to edit a Google contact in the Contacts app. The contact had 2 addresses; I tried to delete one and the app crashed every single time.

ciacorp

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2012
On my iPhone (beta 6), contacts.app is crashing too when editing a contact (tried via GMail/Carddav and GMail/Exchange).

Additionally, all birthdays are displayed one day wrong (but only in contacts.app, not calendar.app or in unofficial contact apps).

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I also have contacts synced via google using carddav and have the same issue where contact with addresses cause an issue. You seem to be able to go into edit mode and edit the top few fields but scroll down to where the address would be and it crashes.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
But did they have an address? Linked field? So far it seems more like a bug with only google contacts unless you feed us more info.

Name, address, 2 phone numbers, email, and birthday. Was trying to scroll down to change birthday and crashes before i get there.

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2005
It happens with mine as well...

On my iPhone, after clicking "Edit" it will crash as soon as I scroll halfway through a contact.

On my iPad simply clicking "Edit" alone will cause it to crash immediately.

The same contacts cause it to crash on both devices. All contacts have a home address. All are synced with iCloud as I don't use Google. In some cases one contact will cause it to crash while another doesn't even though both contacts share the same home address, phone number, etc.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Name, address, 2 phone numbers, email, and birthday. Was trying to scroll down to change birthday and crashes before i get there.

I actually stand corrected. I just got this force close error on one contact when trying to edit. I tested on another contact right under the one the crashed.

Both contacts are synced through icloud, have first and last names, address two phone numbers each. That's where the differences are. My non-working contact contains nothing else. My working one includes two email addresses, birthday and Facebook name. So the one not working has less field data than the working one.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
This is a showstopper bug for me, does anyone else agree? I hope it is fixed before the GM or in the next beta!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.