Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
Believe it or not, a lot of people do not like the crazy, over saturated color look that looks like My Little Pony threw up all over ios6. If they are going to stick with this 'flat' look, how about at the very least a more neutral color scheme as an alternate theme?

Forcing people to like ridiculous themes is something Microsoft is currently doing with Windows 8 and it's MetroUI. Try and remember that before you race to Apple's defense here please.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Believe it or not, a lot of people do not like the crazy, over saturated color look that looks like My Little Pony threw up all over ios6. If they are going to stick with this 'flat' look, how about at the very least a more neutral color scheme as an alternate theme?

Forcing people to like ridiculous themes is something Microsoft is currently doing with Windows 8 and it's MetroUI. Try and remember that before you race to Apple's defense here please.

You realize the thread right below yours is about the same thing and has like 6 pages already?

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Believe it or not, something like 90% of your iPhone usage involves being in apps and looking at 3rd party icons, so anyone judging iOS 7 based on Apple-provided screenshots is really overestimating just how important these Apple icons are.

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
I have been using the ios7 beta for quite awhile, I do believe I know what I'm talking about.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010

No.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA

Stop crying and buy a different phone. Geez.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 5.34.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 5.34.47 PM.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 197

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
Women, mostly

Your point is? How many women in the past have found themselves wondering why everything was so colorless and drab?

Comments on internet forums are notoriously inaccurate representations of the over-all opinion on a given topic, as the most vocal and angry are often the minority. Even so, based on the polls done here on MR, these icons appear to enjoy the support of a slim majority of participating members. Combine this with the fact that most English language tech forums (probably including the MR community) are populated by a disproportionately high number of white, western males, between the ages of 20 -50; then we see that most companies would be ill advised to use them as an indication of the international viewpoint…particularly if you are a company attempting to increase sales in non-English speaking nations.

Believe it or not, I actually prefer the old look, but not a major concern to me either way.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

I don't understand that at all. How is anyone being forced to like anything.:confused:

We'll leave aside that it pretty much impossible to force someone to like something.

If you like it...good. If you don't like it...too bad. But forcing you to like it...:confused:

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL

Windows 8 isn't forcing you to do anything. I use it at least 10 hours a day and never once use the metro UI

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
I don't understand that at all. How is anyone being forced to like anything.:confused:

We'll leave aside that it pretty much impossible to force someone to like something.

If you like it...good. If you don't like it...too bad. But forcing you to like it...:confused:

Well you cannot upgrade to ios7 without getting the My Little Pony theme.. Unless a jailbreak comes along.

It's in the same way as you being forced to like skeuomorphism in ios6, however the colors themselves were not wild and over saturated.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Well you cannot upgrade to ios7 without getting the My Little Pony theme.. Unless a jailbreak comes along.

It's in the same way as you being forced to like skeuomorphism in ios6, however the colors themselves were not wild and over saturated.

OK...let's try it differently...forced to USE (if you choose to upgrade, or not switch to another phone), not forced to LIKE.

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
OK...let's try it differently...forced to USE (if you choose to upgrade, or not switch to another phone), not forced to LIKE.

And you know lots of people who force themselves to use something day to day they do not like? This is a toy, not a job. It's forcing someone to use it no matter how much you want to spin it.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011

Believe it or not, you used iOS 6 instead of iOS 7 in your Little Pony throw up example.

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
Believe it or not, you used iOS 6 instead of iOS 7 in your Little Pony throw up example.

Uh yes? There was this thing called ios6, and then characters from My Little Pony went and barfed on ios6. And so ios7 was born.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Uh yes? There was this thing called ios6, and then characters from My Little Pony went and barfed on ios6. And so ios7 was born.

I think there's a better chance that someone threw up while you were being made than when iOS 7 was being created.

jtfolden

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
Springfield, Ohio
I have been using the ios7 beta for quite awhile, I do believe I know what I'm talking about.

Then you should know that it's only your opinion. iOS 7 is not perfect but *IMO* it's nowhere near as bad as you pretend and, while it has it's faults, iOS 6 looks really outdated next to it now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.