Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Back in late May, Apple announced that it would once again be holding its annual iTunes Festival in September, a monthlong series of free concerts at The Roundhouse in London. Just as it did last year, Apple has added a new channel to the Apple TV to offer live streaming and limited time on-demand replays of the concert series.

itunes_festival_2013_apple_tv_1.jpg
The concert series kicks off on September 1 with Lady Gaga and includes a number of popular artists including The Lumineers, Queens of the Stone Age, Kings of Leon, Elton John, Vampire Weekend, Jack Johnson, Robin Thicke, and Justin Timberlake before closing on September 30 with Katy Perry.

itunes_festival_2013_apple_tv_2.jpg
The Apple TV channels includes a complete schedule, brief bios of the performers, a video trailer, information about the concert venue and ways to watch the concerts, as well as small photo galleries from the previous three festivals.

Free tickets for the shows are available via a lottery system to UK residents, with media partners in a number of other countries also giving away tickets through promotional campaigns.

Update: Apple has also updated its iOS app for the 2013 edition of the festival. [Direct Link]

(Thanks, Kyle!)

Article Link: Apple TV Updated with New Live Streaming Channel for September's iTunes Festival

macs4nw

macrumors 601
…..Back in late May, Apple announced that it would once again be holding its annual iTunes Festival in September, a monthlong series of free concerts at The Roundhouse in London. Just as it did last year, Apple has added a new channel to the Apple TV to offer live streaming and limited time on-demand replays of the concert series.

The concert series kicks off on September 1 with Lady Gaga and includes a number of popular artists including The Lumineers, Queens of the Stone Age, Kings of Leon, Elton John, Vampire Weekend, Jack Johnson, Robin Thicke, and Justin Timberlake before closing on September 30 with Katy Perry.

Free tickets for the shows are available via a lottery system to UK residents, with media partners in a number of other countries also giving away tickets through promotional campaigns…..[/i]

Article Link: Apple TV Updated with New Live Streaming Channel for September's iTunes Festival

Awesome....I love free.....thirty concerts no less.....why can't we have that here.....:(

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I wonder if we'll see a redesigned AppleTV interface this fall?

jjlannoo

Suspended
Oct 8, 2011
Any chance of Apple adding Amazon Prime anytime soon? I use that and Netflix pretty equally. Its held me back from trying the Apple TV

chriscrk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2011
Planet Earth (?)
Ohhh that's great, I can't wait to watch Lady Gaga open the festival. She'll be performing APPLAUSE (out now on iTunes!), a long with a bunch of new songs from her album, ARTPOP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harrycooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
London
Ohhh that's great, I can't wait to watch Lady Gaga open the festival. She'll be performing APPLAUSE (out now on iTunes!), a long with a bunch of new songs from her album, ARTPOP.

Let's not turn this into ATRL lmao. But YESSSS. AND I HAVE A TICKET TO GO YAY!

Last edited by a moderator:

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Does anyone know if there's any plans to bring LoveFilm to the Apple TV? Also things like iPlayer, ITV, 4OD and Channel 5? Things to turn it into a proper smart TV with the features we expect from the likes of Samsung and LG. Apple seem to be being very selective with the services they have on Apple TV. Though no doubt that's not entirely their fault.

A guess an App Store would deal with these things.

moxxey

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Does anyone know if there's any plans to bring LoveFilm to the Apple TV? Also things like iPlayer, ITV, 4OD and Channel 5? Things to turn it into a proper smart TV....

But you get all of these on your TV, or Sky box or similar. I doubt Apple has the time or patience to start including TV catch-up apps in the Apple TV, especially when they need storage for downloading programmes.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
But you get all of these on your TV, or Sky box or similar. I doubt Apple has the time or patience to start including TV catch-up apps in the Apple TV, especially when they need storage for downloading programmes.

They'll need to if they want to compete with these services.

malexandria

Suspended
Mar 25, 2009
Apple TV

Nice, Apple TV is slowly becoming worthwhile. Now it only needs to be fully open so that competing services like Vudu, Amazon, etc will be available. And for god's sake make the iTunes extras work on the device. It galls me to no end that the Apple TV doesn't support iTunes extras.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England

They seem to manage with similar apps from the American TV companies.

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
Sigur Rós is the probably the only one I'm excited about out of all the ones mentioned here. I get saturated with the rest enough without having to actively seek them out. ;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.