Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RdeLassus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
I'm on an iPhone 5 and iPad 2 with iOS 6 on both. I recently decided to setup my per-email signature lines. One of them is for work and I would like it to mirror my signature line I use daily in Outlook (we run an internally hosted Exchange Server). It is simply text followed by our company logo setup as a hyperlink to our website.

I thought it would be as easy as copying the signature off of one of my previous emails on the iPhone/iPad and pasting it into the signature line box for my work email. Well, after doing this I went and sent an email from my work address to my work address. When I check the email on my iPhone/iPad, it works perfectly. Looks just like it would had it been sent from my desktop. However, if i go and check that same email in Outlook on my desktop their is a "missing image box" where the company logo should be located.

At first, I thought it was an Outlook problem. Then, I decided to send one from my work address to my both my work address and my AT&T address. It did the same thing. Looked great when I checked both on the iPhone/iPad. However the image was listed as "missing" when checking the emails through Outlook and AT&T's webmail client.

Is there some part of the setup I've missed? Has anyone else had this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

RdeLassus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Here's what the signature line looks like when sent from the iPhone/iPad and checked on the work address through Outlook or my personal account through the AT&T web client...

SigLine.jpg

FlatlinerG

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2011
I completely missed that new signature function. I've been searching for ways to add pictures to my signature and have more than one setup (one for the exchange email for my work) and this works great. Only issue I'm having is with the picture showing up after I send the email. It appears in the body of the email itself but no where else. I'll keep tinkering with it.

In either case, I'm very happy I found this thread.:D

RdeLassus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Only issue I'm having is with the picture showing up after I send the email.

So is yours doing the same thing as mine? I would love to have my signature on my iOS devices match the one on my work laptop, but this is driving me a little crazy.

RdeLassus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Almost seems like the signature on the iOS device is linking to a copy of the image instead of actually embedding it in the email and sending it with it???

:confused:

FlatlinerG

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2011
So is yours doing the same thing as mine? I would love to have my signature on my iOS devices match the one on my work laptop, but this is driving me a little crazy.

Yeah it's showing all of the text just fine but when I received the email I sent myself as a test, instead of the image all I saw was a small square where the image should be. That was in entourage on a mac.

Idea Beans

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2013
A possible solution to Signature with Images on iPhone/iPad

I've been trying and trying to make it work so I can have images shown in my signature on iPhone and iPad, and finally I think I have found a solution...

It's not a very straight forward fix, but it worked.

What you need to do is Copy the full signature (with HTML) after you send it to yourself from Outlook or other Mail app. Instead of copy it from the preview pane, click on Reply or Forward and then copy the signature inside the email body.

Paste the entire signature into your iPhone/iPad mail settings - Signature box.

Once you've done that, save a copy of the image into your Camera Roll.

The trick to make your signature image to work is that when you create a new email or Reply/Forward an email, the signature in the email body needs some tweaking.

Delete the image in the signature first. Hold your finger in the same place to make the Editing tool bar show. Select insert photos or video, and then use the image in the camera roll to put in your signature.

Test it and send it to all your other email programs. You'll see the image show up in the emails.

Hope this helps!

sbiggs

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2013
Yes this was helpful and that has been the only "fix" I have found as well. Until a better solution is found, it looks as if this is the only way to keep a company logo visible on a signature using iOS and other mobile devices, just an extra step to take that doesn't need to be there. maybe if you could insert the image from your camera roll into your signature, it may stick, as of now, that's not an option. You would think with as many mobile devices out there being used, this would get programmers attention and become a hero once figured out. :apple:

sbiggs

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2013
Found a fix that keeps your company logo in your signature block on mobile devices without loosing the image. On your iPad, Go to the apple App Store and search email signatures. Download it and follow the instructions. You will need to save your company logo to your camera roll. (You don't need to include all those icons for Facebook, twitter, etc. Once you have your signature block created, all you need to do is copy it from the app and paste it into your signature. If you want to bold certain parts of your signature or italicizes, I would do it in your signature after you paste it in. The app is easy to use, if you download the free version you are limited to only one signature, the paid version ($6.99) will let you do unlimited signatures, very reasonable. Good luck, I've been using what I created from this app for a while without loosing the logo, and set up many company phones and iPads from it. Double thumbs up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 647
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.