Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
He's apparently not the head-honcho of retail, but just 'director of all retail matters for many regions within the West Coast of the United States', reporting to Steve Cano. Even so, hopefully he's a good fit (no pun intended), because Apple does not need another high-profile hiring slip-up.

anonnymouse

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2011
The story, his Linkedin bio, and a few of the comments, show that it might be unclear what his real title is.

But if he is in fact a "Market Director", that isn't as high as the story would lead one to presume. All Apple Stores are grouped regionally and locally into Markets and Market Teams. If memory serves correctly, there are 8 or 9 Market Directors in US North America for Apple. Within that Market Director's territory, there might be 7-9 "Markets", within which there might be 4-6 stores per Market. Therefore, a Market Director might be in charge of roughly 30-40 stores.

Under the Market Director are Market Leaders, under that are Store Leaders (store managers), and so on.

It might simply have been a Market Team (which are numbered and not named) that needed a Director. Common stuff.

Those of you in Apple can check Apple Directory to find out for sure what his title, exact Markets, and direct reports are.

CausticPuppy

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2012
iPhone 5(01)

2bHkk.gif

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
Hilarious. Most of the current crop of Levi's marketing, branding and retail team came from Apple. I guess they're giving one back. ;)

Illusion986

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
:lol: Not a surprising statement considering some of the other stuff I've been reading!

When wast the last time you looked up staff google, samsung has....and a serious amount of other stuff they have on their hands? If not for a while should read up on it

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
They are a lot better than the ignorant negative crap that too often greets these announcements. No, I am not referring to your calling the jokes "corny".

That they are! At least nobody is complaining! Makes this board a lot more fun to read.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.