Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
For that little battery indicator in the status bar? Not themes but tweaks, small tweaks that can change the functionality of that battery indicator. Thanks and please no sarcastic answers:)

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
For that little battery indicator in the status bar? Not themes but tweaks, small tweaks that can change the functionality of that battery indicator. Thanks and please no sarcastic answers:)

Bolt is my all time favorite. But I don't use it anymore. Just a personal preference to not use stuff I find unnecessary.

Other than that, I'm not sure what capabilities you're looking for. What do you have in mind? I can't think of any practical uses...

petrucci666

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
Los Angeles, CA

I really like BatteryPeek. You basically tap the battery in the upper right corner and it displays the percentage for 1 or 2 seconds, then vanishes. Very useful!

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
No Percentage is a good one too.

Whoa! When did this come out?! For a couple years I would keep CleanStatus installed SOLELY to remove the percentage symbol. Eventually I uninstalled it because I was already using springtomize and eventually Flex. One of my personal rules is to never install multiple tweaks which offer similar/same functionality. Now i only use Flex. CleanStatus was the only exception for quite a while.

Anyways, thanks for sharing. And just when I thought I knew all the important packages in Cydia....haha thanks!

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Ah, don't beat yourself up. It was just released a few days ago. In fact, when I originally downloaded it the second number was blocked (for example, instead of 85 it would show just the 8. Within a day or so the developer fixed this bug and it works smoothly now.
This tweak along with the recommended bolt tweak streamlines the appearance.

Oh, and it's really, "No Percent Sign" when you're searching Cydia...

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Ah, don't beat yourself up. It was just released a few days ago. In fact, when I originally downloaded it the second number was blocked (for example, instead of 85 it would show just the 8. Within a day or so the developer fixed this bug and it works smoothly now.
This tweak along with the recommended bolt tweak streamlines the appearance.

Oh, and it's really, "No Percent Sign" when you're searching Cydia...

Oh haha I didn't realize it was new. This past month at work has been absurdly crazy, working weekends and such. Been a brutal month. Anyways, I've been waiting for this tweak forever now. Strangely enough, I've gotten really used to just using the battery icon (and using the stock feature to hide the numbers and percent). A great unintentional benefit from using just the icon for me was that I stopped focusing so much on battery life. I don't charge my phone nearly as often nowadays simply because seeing the numbers are distracting. It's surprising how much more battery life is left at 30%! If my icon ain't red, I don't charge it haha.

Outside of that minor hiccup, has the tweak been fairly stable?

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Perfectly flawless.

I love low octane tweaks that don't add a bunch of extra "stuff". When you tap, confirm you will see only this single tweak added to your Cydia list of add-ons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.