Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
If it looks like this I will definitely consider buying it. I did not like the gold mockups because they were too pronounced. This looks good.

wimdows

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2012
This...

...changes everything all over again.

Whilst I like the look of it, let's not pretend this is innovative. I hope they've done enough testing on the thumb print unlock mechanism. That could be a right clanger if it doesn't work for say 5% of people ("You're holding your thumb wrong!")...another potential antenna gate.

I have another year on my contract, and am still on a 4S and will not be upgrading until we get a bigger screen (especially width) than the iPhone 5.

afireintonto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Portland
It doesn't look bad. But why not have the apple logo be reflective gold, rather than black? That is the only tacky part about it.

M-O

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
i can't wait till they start anodizing the MacBook Air line.

blcamp

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I'm Still Skeptical.

Why do we see finished black/slate and white/silver iPhones but only an unfinished gold/champagne chassis here?

On top of that, the finished models have regulatory markings, the gold/champagne "model" does not.

I'm not convinced this is the real deal here.

runeapple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2010
Look at the font of the word "iPhone" between and white and gold. They aren't the same font. I don't see Apple having different fonts on the back of the phones. I'm sure there is a gold one coming but I'm not convinced that this is it.

The white and black are normal iPhone 5's the gold is a 5S - obviously going to have a different font with apple moving to helvetica neue /light.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Whilst I like the look of it, let's not pretend this is innovative.

It's a bloody new colour! Are you seriously suggesting that Apple should stay with the same colours forever, because a new colour is not "innovative"? I mean if new clothes designs were only allowed if they were "innovative", we would still wear the same clothes as 100 years ago.

runeapple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2010
Why do we see finished black/slate and white/silver iPhones but only an unfinished gold/champagne chassis here?

On top of that, the finished models have regulatory markings, the gold/champagne "model" does not.

I'm not convinced this is the real deal here.

The white and black are iPhone 5's you can tell by no dual flash.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
I'm embarrassed to say it doesn't actually look too bad!

I think i've been living in China too long!

wgnoyes

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
Nice photoshop try, but all the "designed by apple in California, assembled..." micro type as well as all the consumer symbols are missing from the gold one.

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
I think it's a subtle hue that fits in with the lineup.

I'm happy to see that top designers at Apple didn't have a stroke after all.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
It doesn't look bad. But why not have the apple logo be reflective gold, rather than black? That is the only tacky part about it.

I'm pretty sure the Apple logo is a mirrored finish like the current gen iPhone. Almost surprised we haven't seen any fingerprint sensor leaks yet. That's what I'm most excited about!

PollyK

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
Wow this would go perfectly with a pair of dice hanging from the mirror, and a carpeted dashboard. Nice one Apple!

dBeats

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Looks like magnesium.

images_lg682263004.jpg

wimdows

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2012
I don't see anyone here saying it was…

I didn't say that anyone said it was.

It's just that the hype around a new colour is just ridiculous. If that's what all the talk is about, and believe me, a decent portion of the September 10 event will be about the new colour(s), well that is a sad state of affairs for Apple IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.