Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
Looks like someone pushed the wrong update through...

My guess is there was an update for the iOS 6 compatable version, but the internal beta was sent through instead.

lcmazza

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2012
Isn't Find My iPhone available natively in iOS 7? iPhone 5 here and it works.

Why the need for this app?

decimortis

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Toronto
Non-developer, iOS 7 Beta 6, 4S. App works fine.

Maybe the error is for people that downloaded it under iOS 6?

D.

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
What is the opposite of progress?
findmyiphone.jpg

Regression!

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
beta 7 and it still ships with that old glossy message window?

must have taken them 5 minutes to design the new calendar icon whats taking them so long to theme the OS throughout?

This is Find My iPhone running on iOS 6, hence the glossy message window. It was a mistake for this version of the app to be released to iOS 6 users, hence the problem. The app seems to work properly on iOS 7 (including non-registered users that shouldn't be running it).

HarryKeogh

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
What is the opposite of progress?
Regression!

As someone who has flown to Africa numerous times to try and find his lost iPhone, only to find out it was between the couch cushions the whole time, I welcome the new icon.

daviddth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2009
Australia

Yes, but since Beta 1 or 2 you needed to d/l the version available on the dev website as the public release failed to work properly

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2012
i think it was pulled. upated and old icon came up when downloaded and would crash as it did on old version. installed beta and worked fine

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Luckily this app isn't essential since you can do it from the web. Some people actually think the app is required for Find My iPhone to work but it is built into iOS.

ChrisCW11

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
Kind of making Retina irrelevant

Regression for sure.

What is the point of high pixel density if you are going to turn everything into flat filled shapes and remove detail?

I am not saying I was a fan of making everything look like desktop notepads and felt lined tables, but I'm also not a fan of Microsoft's Metro look that uses 4 colors and boxes to represent a "modern" UI.

I mean if it wasn't for the rounded corners on the icons there would be no point for Retina because there would be no need for anti-aliasing.

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010

Find My iPhone works natively since iOS 5. This is the app to look for missing devices using another iOS device.

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Regression for sure.

What is the point of high pixel density if you are going to turn everything into flat filled shapes and remove detail?

I am not saying I was a fan of making everything look like desktop notepads and felt lined tables, but I'm also not a fan of Microsoft's Metro look that uses 4 colors and boxes to represent a "modern" UI.

I mean if it wasn't for the rounded corners on the icons there would be no point for Retina because there would be no need for anti-aliasing.

I think the icon looks great. It still is an easy first glance to identify it, for those who are used to the old icon... and it brings it inline with the rest of the design.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.