Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
Am I the Only One Who Loved Sceumorphism ?

I like a degree of it, just not to the full extent Apple carried it- the leather with stitching, the reel to reel in the podcast app.

iBooks though - is perfect. I prefer the old icon for Find My iPhone as well.

Secondarily, Find my iPhone update works perfectly with my 4S running iOS 6.1.3 - and I do not have a developer account.

I wonder if it has to do with paying for extra iCould storage or Applecare, not just dev credentials.

macnisse

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
Swell! Work just fine over here, iphone 5, ios 6.1.2, with jailbreak (of course ;)

Last edited:

donutbagel

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2013
This icon is an improvement. Glad to see they did something right. It could just use some shine, but if Apple kept the shine on the icons, it wouldn't look like they're innovating :rolleyes:

5t3f4n

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
It's a bit easier to see the changes on the Find my Friends icon on these full size icons.

16m3cwy.jpg
2wf2trn.jpg
9git0x.jpg
11v4gzp.jpg

anyjungleinguy

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2012
For anyone that doesn't remember, this is how it should look when iOS 7 rolls around.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 165

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
This was an update. All apps receive updates, including built-in stock apps.

Stock apps can only be updated with a iOS software update in iOS 6. I don't know if they changed it in iOS 7 but individual app updates have never been available for stock apps.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
It's a bit easier to see the changes on the Find my Friends icon on these full size icons.

ImageImage

When I was running the iOS 7 beta, I noticed certain apps icons changed automatically even if the dev had not updated them.

There is something in the iOS 7 code that flattens icons in certain situations. It wasn't universal but noticeable on certain apps- like Pocket NoAgenda.

I bet that is what is going on with Find my Friends.

5t3f4n

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
There is something in the iOS 7 code that flattens icons in certain situations. It wasn't universal but noticeable on certain apps- like Pocket NoAgenda.

I bet that is what is going on with Find my Friends.

Yeah but no. These icons were all fetched from iTunes, not iOS.
You can see the new icon on the iTunes website as well, so it's got nothing to do with iOS 7's "auto-flattening".

Todd B.

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2013
Wait, are people seriously complaining that something in a BETA was released that only works for registered developers? :rolleyes:

And, for the love of everything, can you please stop whining about icons. You look at them for two seconds before opening the app... who cares.

Jim L

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2011
The Piedmont, NC
Oops!

Somebody is so fired! :D

No harm for me. I ran the update on my iPhone 5 iOS 6.

At first I got the error that said I can't use it (even though I AM a developer!).

Now it's working. Apparently they're scrambling over in Cupertino today. :)

5t3f4n

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
Wait, are people seriously complaining that something in a BETA was released that only works for registered developers? :rolleyes:

Wait, are people seriously not reading the article before commenting on it? :rolleyes:

The update was pushed to everyone. iOS 6 as well as iOS 7.
Non-developers as well as developers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.