Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benkovitch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Guys!I am coming to US for short visit with my european iphone 5 and 4.
I need a working 3G(i understand 4G will not work with my A1429).
The article from MacRumors says AT&T have updated PrePaid plans and now they support iPhone Data Acess.But AT&T support says they do not support Data even on 60 $ prepaid plan.What is the true?
which carrier/plan do i need to use my iPhone 5(A1429) from Europe and iPhone 4 with 3G in US?

Thanks

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
AT&T is a mess.

Straight Talk seems like the easiest. They sell you a kit, SIM + Prepaid plan, check them out. The only caveat is, u may not get full 3G speed. Are you going to be watching video?

Benkovitch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
AT&T is a mess.

Straight Talk seems like the easiest. They sell you a kit, SIM + Prepaid plan, check them out. The only caveat is, u may not get full 3G speed. Are you going to be watching video?

i am more likely to use VoIp...i just need 2-3 MegaBit/sec and the question is how's the t-mobile(straight talk) 3G coverage is in NYC,LA,LV?

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA
Used GoPhone with my iPhone for a long time before I switched to StraightTalk.

Choose either the $25 or $50 voice/text plan, and then add any of the actual DATA plans. Then on the phone go to unlockit.co.nz and choose the go phone profile. Done.

It's not OFFICIAL support from AT&T, but it does work perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.