Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EwanMcTeagle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Lodz, Poland
Hi guys,

I've been wondering if the Logitech K811 Bluetooth Easy Switch Keyboard for Mac/iPad/iPhone is worth a buy - basically compared to the Apple's keyboard?
I know it hasn't been out long, but maybe there are some user who would like to share an opinion? I'll be grateful.
Currently I have the regular, full sized USB Apple keyboard. And I love it - nevertheless the Logitech keyboard has backlighting, which I would love to have and its Macbook-like style is also a plus. Other than that it seems to be on par with Apples keyboards in terms of quality.
Nevertheless it would be great to hear from someone who's been using it a while.

Thanks in advance.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
As far as the reviews go, the keys on the Solar K750, Solar Switch-Easy K760 and K811 are even better than the ones on the Apple keyboard because they have a slightly deeper travel, concave key tops and a nicer keypress to them.
I kinda agree with that, however they are no comparison to i.e. Apple's White Keyboard. Maybe I'm just too accustomed to real keyboards with real keys rather than chiclets, though.

Well, if you're unhappy with it, there is always the Matias Laptop Pro for Mac and iPad - if you're lucky enough to get one.
1.jpg

Last edited:

MJL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
Since I am using bootcamp for 99% of the time I opted to get the K810 instead. Works fine on the Mac, just different layout and key labeling.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
Hi guys,

I've been wondering if the Logitech K811 Bluetooth Easy Switch Keyboard for Mac/iPad/iPhone is worth a buy - basically compared to the Apple's keyboard?
I know it hasn't been out long, but maybe there are some user who would like to share an opinion? I'll be grateful.
Currently I have the regular, full sized USB Apple keyboard. And I love it - nevertheless the Logitech keyboard has backlighting, which I would love to have and its Macbook-like style is also a plus. Other than that it seems to be on par with Apples keyboards in terms of quality.
Nevertheless it would be great to hear from someone who's been using it a while.

Thanks in advance.

I replaced my Apple wireless keyboard with the Logitech K810(same keyboard, just in black), and I love it. It has worked flawlessly and has a nice feel. the illumination is nice and not a big battery drain. I've been using it for a few weeks and have not had to recharge the keyboard.

Just remember the Windows is key is the Command key.

Last edited:

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
I've had the K811 for a couple weeks now and use it exclusively when I hook my MBP up to my TV. It works well and feels good to type on. I bought mine when Amazon was having a 20% off discount for holders of its rewards Visa card, so the cost to me was less than $55, which IMO is about what the device is worth. I personally wouldn't rely upon it as a primary input device, but as something for occasional use and traveling, it's pretty good. If you decide to get it, make sure you download and install the Logitech Preference Manager software. It's a preference pane and driver that allows all the function keys to work properly in OS X, along with a few other tweaks for the on-screen display. I've not tried it with Windows on my Boot Camp partition.

Motherload0211

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
As far as the reviews go, the keys on the Solar K750, Solar Switch-Easy K760 and K811 are even better than the ones on the Apple keyboard because they have a slightly deeper travel, concave key tops and a nicer keypress to them.
I kinda agree with that, however they are no comparison to i.e. Apple's White Keyboard. Maybe I'm just too accustomed to real keyboards with real keys rather than chiclets, though.

Well, if you're unhappy with it, there is always the Matias Laptop Pro for Mac and iPad - if you're lucky enough to get one.
1.jpg

Not to mention, no batteries, just a little light above it to keep it going. Have had my L760 for over 7 months now and a pleasant keyboard to have

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.