Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Evgaar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
My phone was flickering a tiny bit, for who knows what reason, but not enough to notice at all, but for some reason my phone wouldn't turn on, I was trying all kinds of way to try to turn it on. Then I pushed really hard on both the Power Button and Home Button, and it turned on, but the sides of the screen are now flickering like crazy, it's really annoying, and a long time ago, I jumped into a pool with my phone in my pocket, I put it in rice, and it was fine, the only thing that had changes at this point was the white thing in the charging input is now pink, so I can't get a new phone because they'll think it's because it has been water damaged, but that has nothing to do with it. It also tends to get really hot, and usually whenever I push the power button ONCE went the device is on, it crashes.

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f631/iphone-4-4s-flickering-display-problem-fix-1644438/

I hope this works.

Last edited:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My phone was flickering a tiny bit, for who knows what reason, but not enough to notice at all, but for some reason my phone wouldn't turn on, I was trying all kinds of way to try to turn it on. Then I pushed really hard on both the Power Button and Home Button, and it turned on, but the sides of the screen are now flickering like crazy, it's really annoying, and a long time ago, I jumped into a pool with my phone in my pocket, I put it in rice, and it was fine, the only thing that had changes at this point was the white thing in the charging input is now pink, so I can't get a new phone because they'll think it's because it has been water damaged, but that has nothing to do with it. It also tends to get really hot, and usually whenever I push the power button ONCE went the device is on, it crashes.

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f631/iphone-4-4s-flickering-display-problem-fix-1644438/

I hope this works.

I bet the water has everything to do with it. Just because the phone doesn't have problems right away, does in no way mean that it never will have issues. Quite often, issues come up a ways down the road after the internals corrode from the chlorine and whatever else was in the water.

Your only shot is to try a restore, just to rule out software issues. If that doesn't fix it, you can take it to a non-apple repair shop to see if they could replace any parts. Beyond that, your warranty is definitely voided, as you mentioned, so you could get an out of warranty replacement from Apple for a price.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Sounds like water damage. Apple will replace it out of warranty for about $200 depending on the model. Corrosion can take time to take place. :cool:

Evgaar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
The sad thing is, is that, this is my second iPhone 4, I already paid $200 for a replacement. My last one they said that it was a hardware problem, but my warrenty expired.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.