Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZacNicholson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
Austin
Hello,

I have an apple tv 2 (jailbroken), and i am trying to figure out how to get it to connect to the wifi that has a web based log in. I did it last year but i don't remember what i did. I think i did something on my macbook but i don't remember. Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Contact the IT department responsible for supporting student wireless.

They will tell him the college's WIFI is intended for mobile use and not for a permanent hookup to streaming movies all day long and hogging the bandwidth.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
They will tell him the college's WIFI is intended for mobile use and not for a permanent hookup to streaming movies all day long and hogging the bandwidth.

That was kind of my point. I worked as a Systems Administrator at a large college for 6 years and am familiar with scenarios like this.

Cinephi1e

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2012
Northwest Ohio
This may be more complicated than you want, but it works for me. I always go through an Airport Express to connect an Apple TV to my college network. The Airport Express is easily connected either through wired or wireless connections using an iPad or Macbook. I then use it to create a wireless sub net. I connect the Apple TV to this sub net and it works fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.