Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acoustic42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
My setup:
Macbook Air
Powerpoint for Mac 2011
i-Clicker app

On suggestion of a friend, I purchased and installed the i-Clicker app a couple of months ago for a presentation, and it worked great. However, last night the location where I was to present had an outage of wifi and I was not able to get the ad-hoc network to communicate correctly with my iPhone. (I went through and created a network, named it i-Clicker, but it never appeared on the iClicker app as a discoverable network) I ended up having to walk to my computer between every slide of the presentation last night. Would like to avoid that from happening again.

I'm going to keep the app and continue to evaluate its merit, but I was wondering what other professionals were out there using?

It seems like there's got to be a better way to do this. Maybe via bluetooth? The basic functionality I'd be after would be pretty minimal: I don't want to have to depend wifi and I would like it to be able to advance the Powerpoint slide at the click of a wireless button. One thought is I could carry a small bluetooth mouse in my pocket, but looking for something a little less clunkier.

Thoughts?

iLukeJoseph

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
Hey there, I actually own a corporate audio/visual rental company. So we deal with this type of thing all the time, although 90% of the time it is on a PC.

Although I have no experience and depending on your model of Mac, you might be able to use a Apple remote (the kind that comes with the aTV). But keep in-mind it is infrared (line of sight).

What we use for our basic meeting room sets are Logitech Presentation Remotes (the one with the built in timer). Works fine with Mac's, absolutely no complaints.

With that being said if these presentations are very important I would suggest a D-San perfect cue mini. Not nearly as cheap as the logitech, but it is rock solid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.