Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
My iphone 5 was stolen so I am borrowing an iphone 4 until the release of the 5s but when setting it up it did not allow me to backup from the iPhone 5 cloud backup i had? While I don't mind this at all since it's only a temporary phone, is there a reason why? I'm worried now that when i get the new iphone it won't backup from my previous cloud backup? I did check and see that all of my data is on the cloud.

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
My iphone 5 was stolen so I am borrowing an iphone 4 until the release of the 5s but when setting it up it did not allow me to backup from the iPhone 5 cloud backup i had? While I don't mind this at all since it's only a temporary phone, is there a reason why? I'm worried now that when i get the new iphone it won't backup from my previous cloud backup? I did check and see that all of my data is on the cloud.

What version of iOS were you running on your iphone 5? If the iphone 4 isn't running that version (or higher) it won't accept that backup. Update the iphone 4 and you'll be fine.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
What version of iOS were you running on your iphone 5? If the iphone 4 isn't running that version (or higher) it won't accept that backup. Update the iphone 4 and you'll be fine.

I was running whatever was the latest version as of August 1, 2013. The highest version I can update my iphone 4 is 6.1.3.

stormchaser

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2010
UK
The iPhone 5 is 6.1.4 and the 4 is 6.1.3 so it won't let you do that because of this. You can't upgrade a 4 to 6.1.4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.