Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brixn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2013
Ok, yesterday I turned off my iPhone as usual before going to bed and placed it in the desk, the next day I grabbed my phone and I tried to turn on but I didn't work.

So I plugged it to my computer and it did turn on, but it is stucked in the apple logo, it turns on but in 5 seconds it turns off, over and over.

The next thing I did was to download the newest iOS version the 6.1.3 in itunes.

After that I pressed both power and home buttons when plugged and got into recovery mode and finally I tried to restore but when restoring is at ''Preparing iphone for restore'' it seems that my iphone turns off real quickly and then it shows the same ''connect to itunes'' screen; THE THING IS that itunes pops up error number 21 (Just in case, I cleaned my host file after I used tinyumbrella).

My iphone has 6.0.1 and it's jailbroken, I don't know what to do :( please help me! (Sorry for my bad english)

Brixn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2013
Yes, I tried with DFU mode but it ends up the same, with error 21 and with the recovery screen

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Mmmm... the same could happened with my iPhone, but I can't open it because it needs a special screwdriver and also I think I would end up messing all :p

The toolkits are available on Amazon. As far as messing up goes, I guess it's just down to being slow, careful and following the instructions. If you are careful there's no reason you couldn't do it. If you really don't feel up to it, I guess Apple is your only other option.

Brixn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2013
The toolkits are available on Amazon. As far as messing up goes, I guess it's just down to being slow, careful and following the instructions. If you are careful there's no reason you couldn't do it. If you really don't feel up to it, I guess Apple is your only other option.

I think Im going to take my iphone to a phone repair shop and explain what happened and what the problem could be, I guess it has to deal with something about the battery because it seems that my iPhone can't turn on by itself

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.