Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I'm looking for a multi-platform note taking app with these requirements:
- run on iPad, iMac and when possible iPhone
- sync between platforms, preferably through iCloud
- able to make directories/folders at least 3 levels deep
- I don't want to pay a monthly fee, and have data on my own devices, so that excludes Evernote
- I like to type my notes so handwriting functionality is not important

I have narrowed my list to Notebooks and Notesuite and would like to hear feedback from people who have experience with either of these apps. Not only the goods, but also the drawbacks :)

Now I am using Notability. This is a fine app, but it only has 2 levels of directories/folders and there is no iMac version.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I've been looking at Notesuite myself, and find it quite promising and stylish.

It won't be available until sometime next month though - according to the developer. But they promise to launch on introduction prices like they did in the US a few months ago.

I'm waiting anxiously.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Would be good news if it is to be launched in other app stores in the near future.

By the way, I am also using Goodreader for document storage and PDF annotating. It looks like Notesuite can combine note taking (Notability for me) and PDF annotating in one app.

Which brings me to the question: what if Goodreader came out with enhanced note taking functions in its app? Then for me it would become a similar app as Notesuite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.