Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

littyboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
Champagne and silver would've have looked way better.

In fact, they should've made a silver edition!

joelvega125

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Yeah, an oversized screen would make an iPhone "truly amazing" :rolleyes:. News flash: increasing screen size is trivial. That's why you see every Chinese and Korean doing it. Fitting all of the technology in a smaller 4" form-factor while preserving a daylong battery life - that's a technological achievement that only Apple is able to offer.

You want an oversized plastic phone with 3 hour battery life and bunch of poorly executed gimmicky features that no one uses? Go buy a Galaxy. iPhone isn't for you.

Thats basically what I said, Richard. Buh-bye.

aricG

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2013
Boulder
the gold color intrigued me when i first heard about it. the more i am seeing i am liking and most likely will pick one up. how slick would it look with that gold/champagne chassis and a black face and rear plates?

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
I just feel that all these leaks take away from the excitement of the keynote. I've always looked forward to the keynotes and while leaks don't tell the whole story I just wish there weren't so many of them giving away the secrets. :(
Uh... maybe avoid MacRumors then? :D

Yeah, I know it's probably the word "Mac" in the name that throws people off. Too bad nobody wants to leak things about Apple's lowly computers. :(

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Apple will never make a plastic phone.
I know. I've heard it said on these forums so many times again and again.
Plastic is junk, they will never use such a material and diminish their quality image.

;)

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I'm liking the champaign colored model more and more. At first, when it was rumored to be gold, I said no way - and I still mean it. But this shade looks really nice and I'm really thinking I may go with that over black.

GQB

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
I wish the Champagne version didn't have the white bits as it looks cheapened down with it.

All gold champagne version would look classic

Couldn't disagree more.
See how that 'taste' thing works?

----------

Gold on White is ugly. It's wrong color palette. Gold on Copper/rusty color looks better. It' acceptable with Gold on Black, not white.

Thanks for you invaluable input Gucci.

armandxp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Orlando, FL
Couldn't disagree more.
See how that 'taste' thing works?

This 'new' color with the same old white accents looks stupid? I hope it's fake. They could at least make a new color to accent, besides the same old white. Doesn't make sense to me, or look real.

JobsGang

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2013
Wait. So is plastic an okay material for smart phones again? Or are we still suppose to hate it?

Nah your supposed to hate ugly plastic phones like the galaxy series.

Htc one x and Nokia lumia's look nice.

leesmith2

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2009
If I had to choose between a larger screen or longer battery life, I'll take the battery life every time. Same size screen and same battery life would be a disappointment, no matter how fast the processor is.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
The first thing I noticed in the video were the scratches on the black iPhone 5. They really do show up in that harsh lighting.

The design and fashion world disagree with you. Gold & White is used all throughout both industries.

That's what the "champagne" iPhone reminds me of: fashion jewelry.

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
Anybody else agree that the screen in this leaked pic goes from edge to edge? It sure doesnt appear to have a ~3/16" bezel on the sides...

Here's for still holding out hope of at least a slightly bigger screen...

alexgowers

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2012
Please no more apple.

It's like they're sliding back into old times with twenty models of the same thing.

I wonder if the 5c will come in 16gb only.

the way i see it apple has gone from 6 choices to at least 5colourways for the 5c and 9 different 5s models! now that's just stupid, that there is samsung territory!

The sad thing is they could have pleased more people by doing...
1) low cost one colour iphone 16/32gb made in plastic, low spec but new tech so ios7 is a'ok
2) small current size premium available in 64gb or 128 gb, black or white
3) Large phablet size premium available in 64gb or 128 gb, black or white.
That would be 9 models and each would have their own markets and fans.

This method is just the same product which is going to confuse people and make choice harder, it's bad enough there are so many memory options considering the actual cost of extra space is minimal and prices vary dramatically.

I think apple should have stopped going down this road long ago and just presented the option of low, middle and high end. I get the feeling this is going to be a poor year for apple until next redesign. Changing colours is just a marketing ploy when nothing has changed or been improved here. It's the elephant in the room.

Is no one else just bemused by the choices here.

I mean champagne looks dull and pointless, and 5c is typical apple picking the worst pantone colours they possibly could to offend my eyes.

I an apple fan but this is so disappointing from one of the biggest companies in the world to not be able to see that this is not going to be the best phone they could have made by any stretch of the imagination, and that was their only goal in the very recent past.

Damn.

----------

Anybody else agree that the screen in this leaked pic goes from edge to edge? It sure doesnt appear to have a ~3/16" bezel on the sides...

[url=http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa203/woodynorman/iphone_zpsf024ed91.jpg]Image[/URL]

Here's for still holding out hope of at least a slightly bigger screen...

Afraid not look at the top you can clearly see screen is in it's usual recessed location. the illusion is a specular highlight/reflection going across the body of the phone.

Macboy Pro

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
I don't get the Champagne look. It is terrible looking and will be the bastard child of the iPhone lineup. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Please be some real innovation in the 5S. Changing colors is not innovation. Hopefully the fingerprint scanner is the real story with the 5S.

Nahaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2010
Australia
Did anyone else notice the difference in the flash hole mounting on the gold case?

Still not convinced these are legit.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
While I'm sure that some others won't share my sentiment I just feel that all these leaks take away from the excitement of the keynote. I've always looked forward to the keynotes and while leaks don't tell the whole story I just wish there weren't so many of them giving away the secrets. :(

I always laugh my butt off at people like you because YOU are the cause of your disappointment! YOU come to this site, YOU look at the threads related to future products then YOU whine about how your experience is spoiled. LoL at YOU.

Champagne phone is not for me but it looks pretty nice. I'm always covering my phones with sticker protection as a re-sale value saving measure so it really wouldn't matter but I think I'm going black this time as it seems they've fixed the anno issues.

BigTRQ

macrumors regular
May 30, 2007
I wonder if the champagne will be some variant of titanium nitride (TiN) coating? If so, I suspect that the rumored graphite color will be some TiCN variant. Further, they might be able to make the old slate color with a new coating, making it virtually scratch resistant.

Why they chose to anodize instead of a TiX coating system doesn't make sense, given the level of precision that they expect for every device.

Hope this thought pans out!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.