Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Markiie

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2011
Los Angeles, California.
I don't want to sound pessimistic or anything but it sounds like the whole conference has been leaked and we won't get any surprises this coming Sept - Champagne colored iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iOS 7 download ready,etc.

Still gonna tune in though! The days of secrecy are long gone, although Tim Cook is trying his hardest to keep it to a minimum..

I doubt it. These leaks get people to talk. We have been talking about the iphone 5S for the last few weeks since WSJ or whoever broke the story about the press conference. If Tim Cook really wanted to keep something under wraps he would. Look Apple is in the process of making a TV and a Watch. Have you seen any of the parts to those? I mean maybe not the watch but a TV comes with A LOT of parts. Have not seen a single one yet.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I doubt it. These leaks get people to talk. We have been talking about the iphone 5S for the last few weeks since WSJ or whoever broke the story about the press conference. If Tim Cook really wanted to keep something under wraps he would. Look Apple is in the process of making a TV and a Watch. Have you seen any of the parts to those? I mean maybe not the watch but a TV comes with A LOT of parts. Have not seen a single one yet.

If an Apple TV comes, it is at least several months away. The reason we see iPhone leaks every year is because production ramps up a month or two in advance to meet the insane demand. It's a lot easier for Apple to keep other products like Macs or iPods under wraps. (Another reason is that there is just
more interest in iPhone leaks. Nobody cares about new iMacs, comparatively speaking.)

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
Where "iOS 7 GA will be released on September 10th" could mean anything from "iOS 7 GA will be available for download to all users of iPhone 4S or later on September 10th" to "iPhone 5S and 5C with iOS 7 GA pre-installed will be available for pre-order on September 10th."

Who knows? Apple knows.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
I don't want to sound pessimistic or anything but it sounds like the whole conference has been leaked and we won't get any surprises this coming Sept - Champagne colored iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iOS 7 download ready,etc.

That's true, but it has been leaked to who though? It's only a tiny minority of people who fallow these rumors. The rest of the world won't have any idea until it happens or until the new products are released.

So, as always we get 2 choices. 1- to fallow rumors and loose the element of surprise 2- to not fallow rumors and get surprised (if there would be any such)

Markiie

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2011
Los Angeles, California.
If an Apple TV comes, it is at least several months away. The reason we see iPhone leaks every year is because production ramps up a month or two in advance to meet the insane demand. It's a lot easier for Apple to keep other products like Macs or iPods under wraps. (Another reason is that there is just
more interest in iPhone leaks. Nobody cares about new iMacs, comparatively speaking.)

Thats a good point. I won't argue that.

foobarbaz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2007
How would they know? By reading *any* website? True, or not, the Sept 10 date has been broadcasted all over the web.

Especially the phrasing "As you are probably aware", strongly implies they are talking about those news that could hardly be missed.

Tysknaden

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2013
No - Thanks :D

I am not thaaat hungry having to look at the new uglified icons as early as possible.
Also, I do not have the trust. The honor of running into severe bugs will go to others. Cook is not the person, who is into perfection - and not even with Jobs it was very clever to greedily hover with the finger above the download button.

makingdots

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2008
I am not thaaat hungry having to look at the new uglified icons as early as possible.
Also, I do not have the trust. The honor of running into severe bugs will go to others. Cook is not the person, who is into perfection - and not even with Jobs it was very clever to greedily hover with the finger above the download button.

No one forcing you to update kiddo.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA

I remember reading or hearing about the theory that the leaks all come from the supply chain and not really from Apple, and as such, Apple really doesn't have much control over the people at Foxconn and such who assemble and distribute the parts needed to make the new iPhones and other iDevices.

As such, I believe that once the iWatch hits the supply chain and starts ramping up in production, we will definitely see part info getting leaked, and maybe even the design...

----------

That's true, but it has been leaked to who though? It's only a tiny minority of people who fallow these rumors. The rest of the world won't have any idea until it happens or until the new products are released.

So, as always we get 2 choices. 1- to fallow rumors and loose the element of surprise 2- to not fallow rumors and get surprised (if there would be any such)

yea true...

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Nowhere has anyone said iPhone iOS7 and iPad iOS7 will be released on the same day. Because in the bast they have had separate release dates.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
This seems like an internal self-imposed deadline they are making for themselves knowing that there is a 99% chance the Apple iPhone event will take place on September 10th.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
iPhone OS 7? Its not iPhone OS anymore, Why dont you call it iOS 7? Not trolling just asking.

It will always be iPhone OS. In the end, the OS's ultimate purpose is on the iPhone and catered specifically to the iPhone. That te iPad and iPod touch use it are completely separate things (as they use modified versions). In the end, it is thanks to the iPhone that it gets new things.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I'm probably wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if we see GM in a few days and then they release iOS 7 on keynote day making the new hardware available a week later.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Wait, the GM of the new iOS will drop the same day as the announcement of the new iPhone?!?!?!

Stop the presses!!!

This must be a first!

Clear out the front page, stat!

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Wait, the GM of the new iOS will drop the same day as the announcement of the new iPhone?!?!?!

Stop the presses!!!

This must be a first!

Clear out the front page, stat!

The announcement date for an iPhone, and the availability of the phone have been between 2 days and 6 1/2 months. So there is no 'normal'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

Same with iOS. There have been SAME DAY availability and up to 6 1/2 months later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.