Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
I brought last year, it is larger than my old iPod touch which I brought few years ago. Will it run iOS 7? I also have large iPad, will it run iOS 7, my brother brought for me this year, the screen is not as clear as his and it is bit lighter than his. Also I cannot get Siri working on this iPad anybody know why?

Last edited:

zmagik

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2013
I brought last year, it is larger than my old iPod touch which I brought few years ago. Will it run iOS 7? I also have large iPad, will it run iOS 7, my brother brought for me this year, the screen is not as clear as his and it is bit lighter than his. Also I cannot get Siri working on this iPad anybody know why?

I think your talking about the iPod touch 5g yes it will run ios 7 and the iPad your talking about is iPad 2 I think and that will run ios 7 too

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2013
I think your talking about the iPod touch 5g yes it will run ios 7 and the iPad your talking about is iPad 2 I think and that will run ios 7 too

Thank you. It is good to know.... I know nothing about computers...by the way, I see lots of people here already have iOS 7, is it out? And what is beta everybody talking about? If it is out, why I cannot receive update ?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Thank you. It is good to know.... I know nothing about computers...by the way, I see lots of people here already have iOS 7, is it out? And what is beta everybody talking about? If it is out, why I cannot receive update ?

It is not out. Only developers have access to the betas. The public release will be in the next month or so.

On both devices, go to Settings, General, About - that will help tell what model iPod Touch and iPad you have. There are 4 generations of "big" iPads, and not all of them will get iOS 7. Also, only the most recent iPod touch will get iOS 7, so it is hard to tell you without knowing what versions you have.

Nanasaki

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010

Yes, judging from your description, the larger iPod Touch would be 5th generation and it will be compatible with iOS 7. For the larger iPad, since your brother brought this year and it cannot get Siri, it might be iPad 2. And yes, iPad will get iOS 7.

As for iOS 7. It is not publicly available yet. It is out for developer to test the OS and fix their applications on iOS 7. You kneed wait for September release

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012

Well the iPad is definitely an iPad 2 by the sounds of it, and that supports iOS 7, although it might not support iOS 8.
The iPod touch sounds like a 5th Gen, but just to check: at the bottom left corner on the back, is there a button that can be pressed to attach a wrist strap? If not, it's not going to be supported by iOS 7.

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2013
Well the iPad is definitely an iPad 2 by the sounds of it, and that supports iOS 7, although it might not support iOS 8.
The iPod touch sounds like a 5th Gen, but just to check: at the bottom left corner on the back, is there a button that can be pressed to attach a wrist strap? If not, it's not going to be supported by iOS 7.

Yes, I didn't even noticed that buttom... and I didn't have the clue of the thing came with iPod Touch... Thank You....

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010

If you mean that he bought you the iPad this year, and that was from an authorized Apple Reseller (or Apple themselves)... then it is an iPad 2 or newera and will receive iOS7.

If you mean the he bRought you the iPad... it might be an iPad 1 and will not be getting iOS 7. ... check settings --> General --> about and google your model number(s).

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Just remembered very simple way to tell if it's an iPad 1 or not -- iPad 1 had no camera. Every iPad from 2 on has cameras. So if your iPad has cameras (front and back), it's a 2 or above, and you can get iOS 7 on it. If no camera, it's an iPad 1. iPad 1 never even got iOS 6, and it won't be getting iOS 7 -- it's stuck at iOS 5.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 138
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.