Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macwilko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
I'm assuming that because Tune-Up can't handle the amount of mail they are getting at the moment that there are thousands of people out there experiencing the same as me with the new Tune-Up v3.
In short, it doesn't work...

But worse it slowed my whole system down (mountain Lion Macbook Pro) - freezes, works slowly - I downloaded it 2 days ago and not completed a SINGLE TASK. it just sits there doing nothing.

What puzzles me is as a rank amateur on a mainline OS it took me about half a day to realise this version has issues and should not be inflicted on the public......surely the boffins at Tune-Up should have found this out BEFORE they released it. so either they are incompetent in the extreme or KNEW that the product was faulty and went ahead all the same?

My feeling now is that I want my money back and ALL traces of Tune-Up removed - old and new - I'll look elsewhere for a company that is more principled to provide this service.

Last edited:

iThinksimple

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
never use Tune-up 3 app, but why not you complain to the developer by emailing them ? may they give you a refund, best of luck :)

Macwilko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
never use Tune-up 3 app, but why not you complain to the developer by emailing them ? may they give you a refund, best of luck :)

i have sent a request for refund - of course they are so inundated at present that I'm getting no replies at all.
this is largely just to warn others to steer well clear of this product....and of course to question the company's integrity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.