Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mncmoore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
I am a firefighter looking to take my ipad and some clothes to the station instead of using plastic sacks that rip. anyone know a good ipad backpack that would work? I found the Thule 32L crossover and it looks really nice. Just wondering if anyone else has a different kind. Thanks. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374705584.580867.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374705625.596635.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374705635.815114.jpg

New2MacOS

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2008
I also have the Timbuk2 Pisco Backpack. As already noted, it is small, narrow, and slim. Although I can carry my Macbook Pro 13 retina (the fit is snug inside the laptop compartment) and some work files, I use this backpack mainly when I only carry my iPad.

The backpack that I use to the office is a Kensington Triple Trek. This backpack is only slightly larger than the Timbuk2 Pisco (I don't think the Triple Trek is an inch taller or wider or deeper). The Triple Trek has a fleece-lined compartment for a small laptop and a separate compartment that fits perfectly the iPad.

mncmoore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
Could I get some picks of the Kensington? I would like to see the inside. I think that's my favorite.

Eddyquan

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2012
I have the 25L version of the Crossover backpack and I've been using it for uni and whatnot since late February this year. The bag was a little expensive, but I personally found the quality of the bag lived up to its price. I can usually fit all my books, my 13 inch MacBook Pro (non Retina) and my iPad mini in there fine. Found the Crossover to be quite compact and very comfortable to use.

SMELTN

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
I have the High Sierra Elite backpack and LOVE it!! Its very lightweight with tons of pockets. It has a spot for "tablets" that I use for my iPad and iPad mini every day. It also fully unzips were you can store cables, chargers, etc, IF you want to.. I just put mine in one of the other 6-7 pockets, and of course it has a laptop section as well, thats separated and padded.

I bought mine from Costco last year around this time since it was getting ready for back to school and it was really cheap.

Attachments

• 591111490_tp.jpg
    591111490_tp.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 757
  • 51foxQRFNSL._XL210_.jpg
    51foxQRFNSL._XL210_.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,207
  • Promotional-HighSierraEliteFlyByCompuBackpack-laptop.jpg
    Promotional-HighSierraEliteFlyByCompuBackpack-laptop.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 406

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Could I get some picks of the Kensington? I would like to see the inside. I think that's my favorite.

Go with the Timbuk2 backpack. Its more durable. Most of them have a separate compartments for your iPad/MacBook. It may not look like it, but they have a lot of room inside. I like that there is a spot for everything.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/shop/category/laptop-backpacks

I have several that I use. During the day I use them for work. My stuff stays dry. Weekends getaways for overnight stays and parties/festivals to carry my food or stuff. Well padded and really durable. My first Timbuk2 I've had for about 10yrs. Not a single scratch or thread missing.

Check out the Timbuk2 Uptown or Q Laptop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.