Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I can see them detailing the new iPad lineup and just releasing them in Oct. It would be a complete iOS event then. iPhone's, iPad's and iOS 7.

I'll go out on a limb and say this is true.

pscl

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2013
if that is true... i cant believe.... seems apple now gives all attention to the "toy-users" and leaves the "pro-users" behind.

about time for a rmbp refresh...

evansls

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2004
Leesburg, VA
Dates

Apple will announce the products on Tues, Sept 10, they will be available for pre-order on Fri, Sept 13, but it won't be until Fri, Sept 27 for them to be available for purchase/pick-up.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
Apple will announce the products on Tues, Sept 10, they will be available for pre-order on Fri, Sept 13, but it won't be until Fri, Sept 27 for them to be available for purchase/pick-up.

2 weeks after the annoucement? doubt it.. they will be available for purchase on the 20th! :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If so, I may purchase one and use it for reading books. and being extra portable when I don't feel like bringing along the full-sized iPad.

I don't mind my current mini for reading but an improvement will hopefully mean I can read longer without any eye fatigue

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
I would have thought they'd split the events, like last year. Last year had the iPhone 5 event on September 12th, then another event later on for the iPad 4, iPad mini and new iMac.

juanmanas

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
if that is true... i cant believe.... seems apple now gives all attention to the "toy-users" and leaves the "pro-users" behind.

about time for a rmbp refresh...

You should have added the "Safari is snappier" and "Steve would not allow it" to make the full typical statement

racingbull

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2013
what's in that pot ...

Considering the last earnings conference call, it might make perfect sense trying to push out new iOS devices asap so that they 'push-up' the trimester.

It would bring also order into the line-up of events:
1) iOS centered with iPhones and iPads (September)
2) OSX centered with MacPros, iWorks, iLife etc... (October)
3) and if some wicked rumors are to believed: news on the iTV front in November (perhaps an announcement for jan/feb availability?) - just to hurt competitors in their x-mas business... and to have something to present in the beginning of the year.

CausticPuppy

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2012
I think there might be a new Apple TV. Hopefully with an App Store.

We don't even need new hardware for that. Just new software for the existing hockey pucks. A screen is just a screen.

I suspect that my 2nd-gen ATV would be left out in the cold though. :(

Still, what's another $99 for a revolutionary viewing experience?

Eadfrith

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2011
Lindisfarena
What happened with the iPhone and new Android phones is now starting to happen with the iPad - slowly chipping away at it's dominance.

Apple REALLY need some new iPads.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Strong indication that the iPhone 5S will be a very very very minor upgrade.

And how do you come to that conclusion? Last year iPods were introduced at the iPhone event. Even if the iPhone is a major upgrade you don't need 2 hours to talk about it.

JohnGrey

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2012
Cincinnati Metro
I think there might be a new Apple TV. Hopefully with an App Store.

I hope so. I'm definitely not opposed to the idea of an iTV, but I hope they wait until mass-producing 4k televisions is more cost-effective. Understandably, such an Apple device would command a premium, probably a 30% markup on the price of comparable models, but with your major CE producers charging $5k - $7k, Apple would be hard-pressed to find a market.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
What happened with the iPhone and new Android phones is now starting to happen with the iPad - slowly chipping away at it's dominance.

Apple REALLY need some new iPads.

Apple's never going to be able to compete with the cheap white box Android devices sold in China.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
September 10th's event is mainly about iPhone...

Or isn't. Apple does as they want. If they want to talk about both, they will.

----------

I can see them detailing the new iPad lineup and just releasing them in Oct. It would be a complete iOS event then. iPhone's, iPad's and iOS 7.

I'll go out on a limb and say this is true.

Even perhaps the Apple TV. It is possible

The only thing in the article that is 99% sure to be BS is the implication Apple is doing anything because of Samsung. Tim Cook has shown that he agrees that chasing what the other players are or might be doing is not his style.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.