Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2012
Hi...m a newbie here...is it possible that we're going to see a iphone phablet soon?

I think it unlikely because I believe that the position of Apple's design team is that a smartphone should fit in your pocket.

I can see how some people can find a phablet useful. But for most people, which is Apple's target segment, a device designed to do two things does neither very well.

epol4ever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
philippines
That what i've notice when i started taking a second look at phablets, it seems that in order to create a phablet they have to sacrifice on some features of their supposed to be flagship smartphone...i.e pixel density, battery life, creen resolution and other, it seems that phablet are a little bit inferior compare to flagship smartphone...

patricem

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2005
I would like a bigger screen, and one device that is a phone as well as a tablet and reader. iphone for me is too small for serious web browsing/reading, and I get tired of carrying my ipad everywhere. I am looking at bigger phones. Combine the iphone and mini- I would buy in a milli-second. :apple:

Ajones330

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
SEC Country
I think the craze of these large phones will eventually run dry soon enough. 4 inch screen size is probably the most ideal size in my opinion...

epol4ever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
philippines
I would like a bigger screen, and one device that is a phone as well as a tablet and reader. iphone for me is too small for serious web browsing/reading, and I get tired of carrying my ipad everywhere. I am looking at bigger phones. Combine the iphone and mini- I would buy in a milli-second. :apple:

I agree with u...:)...something between an iphone and an ipad...

----------

I think the craze of these large phones will eventually run dry soon enough. 4 inch screen size is probably the most ideal size in my opinion...

Maybe...there will b times...we will go small n there will b times we we will go big...that's the history of mobile gadgets...:)...

lousada

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2013
I hope not.

Phablets. The stupidest name and the stupidest product choice ever.

Pretty sure Apple won't lower themselves to be like Samsung.

:rolleyes:

I love my Note 2, after owning it I won't be able to go back to anything smaller, using my iPhone after being used to the Note is almost painful.

The only way i'm going back to an iphone is if apple launches something with a decent screen size between the iphone and the mini ipad.

I don't understand the why anyone would be against that, if you dont like the screen size just buy the normal iphone.
Having 2 different screen sizes didn't cause any fragmentation or reduced sales in the ipad, so what's the problem?

epol4ever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
philippines
:rolleyes:

I love my Note 2, after owning it I won't be able to go back to anything smaller, using my iPhone after being used to the Note is almost painful.

The only way i'm going back to an iphone is if apple launches something with a decent screen size between the iphone and the mini ipad.

I don't understand the why anyone would be against that, if you dont like the screen size just buy the normal iphone.
Having 2 different screen sizes didn't cause any fragmentation or reduced sales in the ipad, so what's the problem?

I do understand what u r saying...IMO...the time has come for apple to offer a phablet...the only thing that keeping me from jumping ship(android) is the OS...whether we lyk it or not...ios still the best...os integration...there is still the mystery that simple swipe from its screen u know its finess n polished to perfection...

TommyA6

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2013
I'd say there's a possibility of a larger (4,5-5 inch) iPhone in the future. Anything bigger (5,5+ inches) is unlikely.

lousada

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2013
I'd say there's a possibility of a larger (4,5-5 inch) iPhone in the future. Anything bigger (5,5+ inches) is unlikely.

Although not ideal, i think a 5'' inch iphone would probably be enough for me to return to iOS. Around 5.5'' is perfect for me atm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.